Digital Specialist at Mars, Incorporated
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Chester, Pennsylvania
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
This role will be responsible for building brand awareness, customer acquisition, retention & loyalty by developing and leveraging a full range of digital platforms. The scope of responsibilities will include tactical execution of all digital marketing programs and initiatives. This role will be responsible to develop, maintain, and update the organization website, including production of web content, in a manner that is appealing to targeted audience, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging conversion.
• Identify opportunities to enhance the online customer experience, executing design, content and other UI/UX changes that continue to launch new products as well as to optimize that customer experience and drive sales.
• Develop and manage digital and social platforms to drive business objectives.
• Plan, create, and manage a range of content across multiple channels to deliver lead generation goals.
• Collaborate closely with Lead Generation Manager to ensure landing pages in the Sitecore CMS that are tied to digital marketing campaigns.
• Develop A/B Testing and Personalization tactics to optimize website for lead generation through form submissions.
• Establish metrics for all digital activities; develop and implement a scorecard to consistently track and report performance of all digital tied to business results
KEY FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
• Direct and digital marketing skills
• Innovative and creative thinking
• Drives for results
• Complex problem-solving
• Organized and attention-to-detail approach
• Collaborative, works with peers across many functions within the company
• Highly analytical (analyzing data, establishing metrics and KPI’s for Digital)
Desired education/ experience
• BA/BS – Marketing, Communications or related field
• 3-5 years’ digital marketing experience, both strategic and tactical
• CRM & Marketing automation (Salesforce.com and Partdot preferred)
• Web tech know-how preferred (e.g. basic HTML, CMS, social listening)
• Adobe creative suite experience preferred
• Global experience preferred
• B2B experience preferred
• A/B testing experience preferred
• Sitecore CMS experience preferred
• CPG experience a plus
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.