Manufacturing Engineer at Scientific Search
Posted in Architecture 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Our client is the industry leader for world-class, high accuracy grinding of rolls, cylindrical components and shafts of all weights, sizes and compositions. They provide grinding, repairs, coatings and new rolls to their clients. They offer state-of-the-art equipment at their facilities across the United States.
- Evaluates incoming work and roll inspection reports.
- Develops additional job requirements based on customer specifications.
- Produces manufacturing sketches, including tolerances and material allowances, with an overall view of fit and functionality.
- Notifies customers when additional work is required.
- Orders tools, parts, services necessary to complete the job.
- Provides technical support to customers.
- Updates WIP sheets and distributes as required.
- Maintains records necessary to plan the work efficiently and effectively.
- Provides technical support to the scheduling function and the shop upon request.
- Performs basic engineering calculations.
- Handles transportation logistics of rolls.
- Schedules jobs through the Shop
- Associates degree or equivalent. BS/BA Engineering Discipline preferred.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Machine shop experience.
- Experience in turning/cylindrical grinding industry preferred.
- Advanced math skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented, work well under pressure, and be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of use of measuring instruments.
- Strong computer skills. Ability to use technical design software is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Minimal overnight travel required.
Our client is an EOE offering competitive compensation, excellent benefits including medical, Rx, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k), education assistance, FSA along with paid Holidays and vacation.
Relocation assistance will be offered for well qualified applicants.