Design Researcher at Walmart eCommerce
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Bruno, California
What you'll do
At Walmart eCommerce, our customers are at the center of all our design efforts, and user experience research is one way we observe and listen to our customers to make sure we are designing the best experience for their needs. We look to the User Experience Researcher to represent the perspective of the user and help support our user insight strategy. We are looking for a design researcher to join our Global UX Team.
Your Approach to Work:
- Research with agility: You have a good working knowledge of formative & summative usability research methods, and how they are applied in a fast-moving organization. Experience with field studies, participatory design, heuristic evaluations, and competitive testing is also preferred.
- Actionable Findings: You translate insight into action. You help teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through thoughtful & actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
- Creative: When you’re presented with a design or business problem, you think of multiple research approaches to help figure out how to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer – and you’re excited to share the options as well as your recommendation.
- Collaborative: You use your knowledge of the Design process in collaboration with other researchers, designers, content strategists, architects, product managers, and engineers to help transform complex problems into easy-to-use products. You recommend how to best address our research goals & questions so your partners don’t have to.
- Self-motivated: You work without close supervision but you seek out and welcome feedback from senior Design leaders and managers.
Skills & Abilities We Look For:
- You are skilled at moderating live studies and know how to structure un-moderated studies.
- You seek to enhance your work by incorporating research actively seek out research & metrics from other sources to provide comprehensive recommendations that inform the design and business strategy.
- You work with our research partners (site analytics, market research) to synthesize and leverage existing data and coordinate research efforts
- You work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality and know how to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
- You stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- You contribute to team processes and standards and help establish best practices for research.
- You have strong presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
We're looking for someone with a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Psychology or other related field and 5 years of User Research experience, or a Master’s degree + 2 years of experience.
Experience with field studies, participatory design, heuristic evaluations, and testing.