Senior iOS Engineer at Lyft
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
You're an enthusiastic and experienced app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our awesome iOS team.
Our app is used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases.
Work happens at our beautiful San Francisco office where with a strong focus on delightful user experiences, we balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based. Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, and every feature hammered on by manual and automated QA.
Our codebase is written entirely in Swift with modern design patterns and coding standards. We rely on 3rd party libraries and contribute back to the community (including the Swift language itself). UX is designed and tweaked to perfection utilizing Interface Builder and Auto Layout. We take pride in our work and it shows.
Watch some of our presentations:
Open source contributions:
- Work within our product teams to build new exciting features
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Improve our code base through continuous refactoring
- Solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization problems
- Extend and implement our APIs
- Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art of iOS development
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, and 3+ years of software engineering
- 5+ years experience with iOS, 2+ years experience with Swift
- Demonstrated skills in delivering high quality code
- Experience working with designers and product managers
- Bonus Points: Swift knowledge, experience with Interface Builder and Auto Layout, and contributions to open source projects.
Lyft is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.