Full-Stack Rails Engineer at Inkshares
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oakland, California
Inkshares is a fast-growing technology and story company based in Jack London Square. Our platform comprises a community of 10,000 authors, 100,000 readers, and 1,000+ of the world’s most elite publishers and producers. We use community engagement and machine learning to discover valuable stories and publish them in North America, licensing them to foreign publishers as well as studios and networks.
Previously unknown authors have received starred reviews, been featured on the front page of The New York Times, and ranked in the global top twenty on Amazon. Our books been licensed by publishers in other major markets alongside six-figure advances and are being adapted by Oscar-winning screenwriters at the biggest studios and networks.
About the Role
We are seeking seasoned full-stack Rails Engineer who is passionate about building a product to service authors, readers, and producers alike. The impact of this role is huge. You will be maintaining and building core features of the app while making sure it can scale to serve a larger audience. You should have a proven track record of shipping great products and feel at home designing and developing asynchronous web interfaces, constructing routes and controllers and complex models from the ground up.
- You have 3+ years full-stack experience with Ruby/Rails in a production environment
- You have 1+ years experience with Heroku
- You are familiar with jQuery or similar JS framework
- You have experience installing/maintaining a major payment processing API (Stripe, Braintree, etc..)
Detailed Stack & Services Used
- Backend: Rails 4.2, Postgres, Clockwork, Unicorn, Paperclip, ERB
- Front-end: jQuery, SASS, Bootstrap
- Ops: Heroku, git, Semaphore
- Third-party services and integrations: NewRelic, Google Analytics, Full Story, AWS (s3, CloudFront, SES), Stripe, Algolia, Segment.io
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.