Senior UX Designer at Glassdoor
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mill Valley, California
Glassdoor’s B2B Marketing Team is looking for a superstar UI/UX Designer to be a partner and leader on our B2B marketing website and brand teams. You are going to design to transform the user experience across our B2B online experience, effortlessly driving users from all buying cycle stages to the products or information that meets their exact needs.
The ideal candidate is passionate about solving complex problems and creating experiences that delight customers worldwide. You dive right in, moving at the speed of light, while working on projects with varying degrees of ambiguity. While the work will be more heavily weighted in UX, it still requires both interaction and visual design skills. Your designs are detailed, but divinely simple. Sound like you?
We need you to think strategically for our business, balancing customer needs with business requirements, while executing tactical plans with a razor sharp focus. This is a hybrid designer position that will require both interaction and visual design skills. You will be responsible for wireframes, visual layout, branding, and various digital marketing elements.
This role reports into the Creative Director on the Brand Design team and will collaborate with a B2B Senior Visual Designer. This person will also have hybrid management across the B2B Digital Marketing & UI/UX teams.
We want to provide our users with more than just functionality - we want to give them insights and best-in-class tools that make hiring easier. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to flex every design and UX muscle you have to help Glassdoor disrupt a $90B talent acquisition market. Up for the challenge?
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, the creative director, designers, and other marketing stakeholders to create intuitive, cohesive, and delightful experiences and solutions to specific problems
- Rapidly develop site maps, user flows, wireframes, mocks and specs. You own the entire design process.
- Partner with Product Manager to identify user research needs and conduct usability tests
- Ensure product design deliverables adhere to high design standards
- Work with your Design peers to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for our users as they move across different platforms and tasks
- Practice a highly efficient, iterative design process with light documentation to support your vision
- Enjoy daily interaction, brainstorming, and collaboration with people who are as passionate about the end-user experience as you are!
What You Bring to the Table:
- BA/BS in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field
- 7+ years experience in mobile, product, interaction or information design
- A portfolio demonstrating both visual and interaction design experience, including responsive web design
- A solid understanding of user-centered design principles
- Strong visual design background building brands is a must
- Expert knowledge of design tools including Sketch and the Adobe Suite
- Experience working in Agile and/or Lean UX environment
- Experience building prototypes
- Visual design skills are a strong plus
- Experience working in fast-paced startups a plus
- A sense of humor a must!
- Must work on-site
Candidates must submit an online portfolio to be considered
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Equity in a late stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Sunny & peaceful Mill Valley offices located right on the water
- Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
- Onsite gym and fitness classes
- Free catered lunch; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
- Free parking
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.