Home Health Registered Nurse (RN), BSN at samaritan services, inc.
Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Denver, Colorado
5280 Home Care & Attendant Services, Inc. services clients throughout the 5 Metro are counties; Denver, Adams, Arapahoe, Jefferson, and Douglas. We want to make a meaningful contribution to our community and would love for you to join our team. If you are looking for a company you can grow with, that offers benefits and a great work environment, 5280 Home Care has got that opportunity for you!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete initial intake assessments, open paperwork according to federal, state, and agency requirements
- Perform all steps of the nursing process autonomously
- Carry out nursing interventions and delegate tasks appropriately
- Understands and complies with all appropriate HIPAA regulations. Assures and oversees strict consumer healthcare record
- Stay current with following up with Plan of Care for each consumer as it relates to preferences, safety, medications, doctor's orders, etc.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of IHSS consumers
- Verify and document attendant skills and competency to perform IHSS and basic consumer safety procedures
- Counsel attendant staff on difficult cases and potentially dangerous situations
- Be available to provide consumers with Nursing advice both over the phone and in person
- Consult with consumer's medical doctor when necessary regarding medical concerns
- Participate in coordination of care as it applies to various specialties of care
- Communicate with medical supply companies, staying up to date on each client's supply needs
- Facilitate communication among team members in regards to creative and sustainable problem-solving processes
- Consult with the consumer, authorized representative, or attendant in the event a medical issue arises
- Investigate complaints and critical incidents within 10 working days
- Maintain contemporary professional knowledge and skills through participating in external and internal in-services
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manager is held accountable for all duties of this job
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR WORK OF OTHERS
Provides oversight of supervision and management of IHSS attendants
RESPONSIBILITY FOR INTERPERSONAL CONTACTS
Manager should be able to communicate effectively and must possess the ability to deal tactfully with clients, other 5280 employees, the client's medical doctor, case manager, family and friends of the client, and the general public. The Manager must have patience, tact, and enthusiasm, as well as a willingness to handle difficult clients. The Manager must maintain strict client confidentiality at all times.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as an RN in the state of Colorado.
- Current CPR certification is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of and commitment to promoting independence among 5280 consumer
- A working and reliable vehicle with a current driver's license and auto insurance
- Experience in the field of home care
- Management experience is preferred
- Must have good knowledge of basic client care techniques and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to home care and in particular, knowledge of Medicaid/Medicare rules and regulations
- Must be self-motivated and be able to grasp concepts and tasks quickly
- Must have the knowledge and skills to observe, identify, report, evaluate, and document client's progress and reactions to care
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize work, and display time management skills
- Must have interpersonal skills including empathy, responsibility, self-control, and good judgment.
- Must have ability to work with a team and show leadership.
- Must have ability to speak clearly and effectively in a variety of settings.
- Must have ability to listen attentively and actively.
- Must have ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must have a record of reporting to work consistently and on time.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to provide infection control measures.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be required to perform tasks involving physical activity and should be able to push, lift, and move a minimum of 50 lbs. The Manager must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
May be subject to exposure to infection waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including the AIDS and Hepatitis B virus. Flexible work schedule to include days/nights, weekdays, and some required weekends, in both office and in the field.
Home Health: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- Valid RN License in State of Colorado
- Driver's License