Director Patient Safety and Risk Management at Rang Technologies
Posted in Architecture 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Reporting to the Vice President of Quality, this individual is responsible for oversight of the hospital’s patient safety and risk management program including the coordination of all relevant activities as per the requirements of the Florida Statues, CMS and The Joint Commission. The Risk Management Director is responsible for facilitating the transition from a retrospective, reactive model for risk management to a prospective, proactive loss prevention, harm reducing patient safety program.
- Advance Patient Safety through Systems Thinking and Design
- Chair of the Patient Safety Committee
- Identify and Mitigate Patient Safety Risk
- Oversee Regulatory Compliance from a Risk Management perspective
- Facilitator of the Bio Ethics Committee and the Patient Grievance Committee
- Work closely with senior leadership, corporate and defense counsel, department directors and corporate associates, patients, visitors and medical and allied health staff for consultation on Risk Management issues/concerns
- Oversee all aspects of risk identification and management for the organization’s loss control program
- Ensure that risks are minimized by investigating and acting on all regulatory survey reports/recommendations
- Represent Risk Management at Medical and Surgical Peer Review, Quality Council, and other departmental meetings
- Provide comprehensive risk management education and orientation program
- Increase Patient Safety Awareness and Practice among Clinicians and Staff
- Collaborate with VP of Quality in annual proactive risk assessment
- Investigate and respond to all patient/family grievances and complaints
- Conduct root cause analyses in response to unexpected occurrences which caused or may cause serious physical injury
- Track and analyze data for trending and develop appropriate action plans and risk modification strategies in conjunction with the VP of Quality
- Analyze hospital acquired conditions, validation of compliance with bundles and determination of corrective action plans as necessary
- Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS) required;
- If not already CPPS, must obtain certification within first year of hire.
- CPHRM required;
- If not already CPHRM, must obtain certification within first year of hire.
- Florida Licensed Healthcare Risk Manager (LHRM)
- Other licenses/certifications required by State
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare related field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in Patient Safety, Risk in an acute hospital environment
- 3+ years bedside nursing experience in acute care setting strongly preferred
- Previous management experience preferred