Medical Science Liaison - West Coast at TerumoBCT, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Requisition ID: 10263
Medical Science Liaison (MSL) AZ - Phoenix, Scottsdale
Acting as medical and scientific expert engaged in driving key initiatives in research, publications, medical education, and field intelligence between Terumo BCT and the academic medical community, the MSL will be a recognized resource to engage in identifying unmet medical needs in multiple specific diseases and general apheresis topics. The MSL will engage in literature and data analysis to address clinical & scientific questions in reference to Terumo BCT s business. The MSL will act both internally and externally, being capable of developing programs with international thought leaders and prescribers, identifying gaps in medical research and assisting the TBCT organization in defining business directions and new therapeutic areas. They may be called on to support, participate and/or drive special projects, such as clinical trials, internal and external education , publication planning and execution, and identifying gaps for both company sponsored and investigator research in clinical presentations, medical congresses and training programs for internal and external stakeholders. In addition, the MSL will provide response to medical information requests, and research and special projects within the organization to assist in the business direction of the organization and the therapeutic area. The MSL will respond to medical, scientific & clinical information requests with regards to high-level troubleshooting and procedure optimization.
* Develops and maintains professional scientific relationships in areas critical to Terumo BCT with thought leaders in key academic and community-based medical or blood centers, with medical professional associations and patient advocacy groups.
* Serves as a primary Medical Affairs contact involved with clinical/scientific information exchanges. These exchanges may be verbal, written or electronic inquires from healthcare professionals.
* Ensures timely submissions of periodic monitoring report forms for Terumo BCT-supported investigator-initiated or collaborative studies. The MSL works with these investigators to ensure that they have access to needed relevant information regarding Terumo BCT products during the course of their study.
* Indentifies opportunities and conducts formal presentations to essential groups as requested by medical and technical healthcare professionals, including key accounts, hospital therapeutic committee members, along with presentations of pharmacoeconomic data in accordance with company policies, applicable laws, regulatory guidelines, and ethical standards.
* Maintains expert knowledge and understanding of clinical, scientific, and technical information in areas critical to Terumo BCT through continuously reviewing literature in the field and attending conferences and networking with experts.
* Responds to customer complaints from a medical/scientific perspective and resolution, through data mining, in close collaboration with field specialists and quality department
* Works with the commercialization team and global product marketing, providing input as needed on product innovation and unmet medical needs
* Active participates in developing tools and resources for medical affairs team use to encourage consistency, transparency, and appropriate communication for both internal and external partnerships.
* Attends & provides coverage at national & regional medical education venues (congresses, conferences, symposia) and brings back field intelligence and insights to key internal stakeholders for accurate planning.
* Works with customers to help them with data abstraction and publication of clinical, scientific or operational data related to Terumo BCT products.
* Provides scientific support to the Terumo BCT organization in the preparation for regional and international congresses
* Provides medical, scientific and technical review and opinion as requested internally
* Responds to and tracking of medical information requests from healthcare professionals and decision makers with accurate, unbiased, balanced and timely answers
* May lead and/or coordinate special projects as it relates to building scientific & medical competencies within the organization, such as: internal training of sales & marketing, scientific symposium program, presentation and slide kit development, advisory board development, speaker development & training, journal club, one pagers, white papers, webinars, and literature searches.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Advanced degree: Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), or Medical Doctor (MD), or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 5 years experience
* Requires high technical competence, strong interpersonal competence, analytical skills and clinical experience to achieve the above working relationships/responsibilities.
* Didactic skills: ability to educate customers (clinicians, laboratory people) on scientific troubleshooting activities and data review/analysis
* Must be strong independent contributor with entrepreneurial mindset while staying within strategic imperatives of team, yet able to contribute to larger team development and goals.
* Must have excellent organizational skills; be self-directed and work independently and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
* Have the ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex scientific or medical information and data.
* Be able to demonstrate excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills and be effective with conversing with key opinion leaders, healthcare professionals, internal colleagues and patients.
* Have the ability to deliver formal responses to healthcare professional s specific medical questions through analysis of the literature in order to assure accurate, timely, unbiased, fair-balanced and up-to-date medical & scientific information, while keeping within legal and regulatory guidelines.
* Experience with laboratory and clinical methods in hematology/blood banking/transfusion medicine is an asset
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Ability to work in a matrix structure i.e. maintains strong working relationship with various other departments, such as Scientific & Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Global & Regional Marketing and Sales.
* Knowledge of regulatory requirements, compliance standards, and ethical obligations
* Experience/ familiar with Clinical Trials setting
* Proven ability to establish working relationships with all levels of clinical/technical/marketing people in corporate, clinical and academic settings
* In line with Terumo BCT's Core competencies(Approachability, Conflict Management, Integrity and Trust, Action Oriented, Decision Quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Perspective, Priority Setting, Drive for Results, Customer Focus, Creativity, Process Management, Cross-cultural agility & sensitivity)
* Excellent written & verbal English (additional European languages are a plus)
* Strong overall communication skills/ interpersonal savvy
* Demonstrated ability to be diplomatic; able to work with a highly focused multi-disciplinary team
* Able to work with strategic functions within and outside Medical Affairs
* Protocol knowledge extending to specialties that would benefit from the technology use
* Dynamic, (extraverted personality)
* Entrepreneurial spirit
* Independent & autonomous
* Self- motivating
* High level of ethics