Part-Time Senior Construction Inspector at Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Wethersfield, Connecticut
VHB is seeking a highly-qualified part-time Senior Construction Inspector to join our Connecticut office to become an integral part of our team while working on high-visibility projects. Anticipates scheduled work will be approximately 24 hours per week.
VHB s passionate professionals include engineers, surveyors, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Provide assurance that project work has been constructed in accordance with the plans and specifications
- Provide recommendations concerning construction issues
- Preparation of Construction Change Orders and meeting minutes/correspondence related to the project
- Establish and maintain project records
- May be asked to serve as a Senior Inspector under the supervision of a Resident Engineer on larger projects, or independently manage and complete smaller projects from start to finish, including field inspection and all aspects of CTDOT or municipal recordkeeping
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prepare correspondence, reports, and recommendations concerning construction issues
- Ability to supervise and deal effectively with others
- Ability to establish and maintain project records
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Ability to work well in team-oriented structure
- 10+ years of professional experience in civil, transportation/highway, or relevant engineering field, including 5+ years directly involved in field inspection activities
- Strong technical knowledge of construction methods and practices related to highway, bridge, facilities, or rail projects
- NICET Level III to IV Certification in Transportation/Highway Construction, or current PE licensure in the State of Connecticut
- Familiarity with Form 816, Form 817, and CTDOT inspection requirements and procedures
- Proficiency in/comprehensive knowledge of the CTDOT Municipal Inspection Manual
- Proficient in all CTDOT field inspection and procedures
- Experience with review of pay requisitions from contractors and compliance with budget standards
- Proficient in field material sampling and testing
- Proficient in oversight of active construction site
Please submit applications online and include a cover letter.
At VHB, we re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. You can review our EEO Policy at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/2016_EEOPolicyStatement.pdf and an overview of the law at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/EEO_istheLaw_Poster-Supplement.pdf