Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Responsible for coordinating, planning, and purchasing all materials used in manufacturing operations in a cost effective manner. The position will require daily interaction with all levels of management to ensure availability of materials scheduled for production as well as longer term planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Run and review Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) report as needed
* Responsible for ordering raw materials based on work orders and safety stock levels to ensure appropriated inventory levels
* Create and maintain raw material safety stock levels with assistance from department manager
* Responsible for issuing purchase orders for materials and services in Visual system
* Manage, prioritize and communicate those priorities to vendors
* Responsible for receiving outside printing services to work orders
* Receive items against purchase orders as needed
* Responsible for negative bins report of raw materials
* Update back log report and communicate any late raw material orders with Master Scheduler and Plant Manager
* Provide primary management of all vendors and subcontractors to ensure that they supply quality products on time. Manages and implements/improves systems and procedures related to procurement
* Manage aged raw material inventory and coordinate disposition
* Management of procurement activities for indirect spend in coordination with department managers
* Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
* Must have excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills, with the ability to independently manage a heavy workload
* Broad knowledge of loading and shipping procedures, production schedules, plant products, inventory control and some reading of shop drawings
* Must have the judgment and experience to identify and evaluate cost and progress trends
* Receives input and coordination of information from various parties, and prepares and presents such information for management review
* Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as persistence in seeking out required information.
Education and/or Experience:
* Must have 2-5 years of buying experience
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* High School education required
* Must be capable of speaking, reading, and writing English with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
* Must be capable of performing addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculations.
* Must be capable of formatting calculations with the use of Visual and Excel.
* Must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to use these skills in support of the material planning function.
* Must be computer illiterate and efficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs - required
* Must be capable of using ERP systems
* Expert level Excel skills preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Requires standing and walking in a warehouse environment. Must be capable of operating standard office equipment such as a computer, copier, mail machine, printer, fax, stapler, and other various pieces of office equipment. Must be capable of lifting 10 lbs on an infrequent basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Employee will be working in an office and warehouse environment in order to perform the essentials functions of the job.