Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
This is a non-tenure track Clinical Assistant Professor of Management position that offers an opportunity to teach both traditional and on-line classes. This clinical position has a four-course teaching requirement each semester (12 credit hours per semester). The candidate selected will teach undergraduate courses in business strategy, with the opportunity to teach undergraduate courses in international management, business foundations, and other related courses.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL RELEVANT APPLICATION MATERIALS INCLUDE DETAILS ADDRESSING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM CONSIDERATION.
* Candidates must be classified as Scholarly Academic or Practice Academic under AACSB standards this could include recent publications in peer reviewed journals and/or engagement in professional practice through outreach, consulting, or other activities consistent with AACSB standards
* A doctorate in management or a related field from an AACSB (or equivalent) accredited university conferred by the start of employment
* Excellent and innovative teaching are a key requirement for this position and the candidate should furnish evidence about such activities in their curriculum vitae or cover letter
* Ph.D. in the field of Business Strategy
* Experience and/or an interest in teaching management classes using both face-to-face and online course delivery methods
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
* Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
* Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
TYPES OF BACKGROUND CHECKS REQUIRED
National criminal background and registered sex offender check
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.