Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
As part of the Implementation, Solutions and Services team you will provide support in the following areas:
* Responsible for handling of both customer support and technical support questions from Motorola Callworks' users.
* Responsible for creating, updating, managing, and closing support tickets, as well as handling escalations to engineering.
* Responsible for troubleshooting a wide range of technical issues from front end gui issues to server side application, database, or system issues.
* Responsible for creating and maintaining strong customer relationships.
* Responsible for building and configuring new systems, as well as assisting during the install process.
* Responsible for deploying and managing software upgrades.
* Participate in on-call rotation
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to handle stressful situations & troubleshoot critical issues while updating Customer and Motorola Management.
* Ability to thoroughly document all issues & provide Management escalations (internal & external)
* Ability to write & review technical documentation including whitepaper s, method of procedure s (MOP s), alerts, and bulletins for publication to Customer s.
* Ability to work with Development Engineer s, 3rd Party Vendors, & Motorola Field Engineer s for escalation & issue resolution.
* Strong understanding, working knowledge, & previous experience with Linux, Analog and Digital Telephony, Networking, and both Hardware and Software Technical Support
* Ability to establish voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers and switches; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; coordinating with contractors.
* Ability to verify service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required
* 3+ years of IT infrastructure support experience
The Implementation, Solutions and Services group is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and support of the Motorola CallWorks, 911 call taking and dispatch solutions within the public safety industry.
*This is a remote position, however, the individual must be located in the Greater Detroit area.*
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions innovations, products and services play essential roles in people s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.