Superintendent/Project Manager - Meridian, MS at APAC Mississippi Inc
Posted in Management 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Meridian, Mississippi
Job ID: 129905
APAC Mississippi, Inc, an Oldcastle company is a great place to work! We have great employees that have been with us many years – and hope that that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in being one of the best places to work in Mississippi! Come join our team – where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other great benefits!
This is a skilled position requiring supervisory skills and a wide range of construction skills and knowledge. Individual should also have a working knowledge of equipment operation and repairs. The position requires day to day relations with both the people he/she is supervising and the client. This position requires daily planning of both man power and equipment to obtain maximum utilization. This individual will be responsible for planning and scheduling. The individual must be willing to relocate or travel to job locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with or in lieu of the dispatcher to schedule projects, manpower and equipment.
- Work with or in lieu of the dispatcher to schedule equipment movement and transport schedules.
- Interface daily with job foreman to ascertain their needs, problems and job progress.
- Make sure that foreman have the time cards for their crew turned in on a timely basis and that coding if correct, and the foreman has signed card
- Check daily cost sheets for correctness, compliance with estimated cost, and if over budget, find out why and report to management.
- Prior to job startup, review with the job foreman the project plans, specifications and review the project startup list to ensure that each item is done, i.e. dig line has been contracted.
- Assist Estimating by providing feedback on job progress as opposed to as estimated.
- Assist Estimating as available by performing field measurements determining sources.
- Consult with clients, vendors and others to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Physically measure, assess the condition, and formalize estimates for commercial and/or private projects.
- Participate in the bidding process.
- Maintains a professional approach when dealing with customers and employees. Shows honest and ethical behavior in business relationships and transactions. Resolves problems and conflicts in a timely and effective manner.
- Check that foreman’s job quantities are correct and submitted to Estimating; remember they will generate the invoice based on what you report.
- Maintain, in conjunction with the hot plant operator, adequate oil supplies and fuels to meet the project’s needs. Review Hot plant reports, crusher reports, job reports.
- The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented
- Will supervise foreman and other related employees
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. A minimum of 5 years’ construction supervisor related experience.
- Standard Driver’s License is required.
- Traffic control certificate is preferred.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials South Division is a part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the United States. The South Division consists of three regions: Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials. Companies operate in the states of Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, with limited operations in Georgia and South Carolina.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
APAC Mississippi s an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
APAC Mississippi is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.