Service Truck Driver - Paving (NWA) at APAC-Central Inc
Posted in Construction 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Job ID: 131837
Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States and Canada. Our operations span North America with 22,000 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 US States and 8 Canadian provinces.
Service Truck Driver Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Service Truck Driver today and jumpstart your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Experience with running single axle service truck for transporting construction material and personnel for asphalt paving or concrete crew. Pulls tilt trailer when required to move equipment.
- Must be capable of operating paver, rollers, broom tractors, concrete curb/gutter machines for purpose of loading/unloading.
- Fuels/waters paving equipment.
- Must have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL B) and necessary endorsements.
- Uses hand tools such as wrenches/screwdrivers, shovel, rake.
- When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Job requires the following motions: climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, stretching, driving/sitting, shifting gears, pulling, lifting up to 100 pounds on occasion.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous related experience in the construction field and/or training.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.