Site Electrician at GlaxoSmithKline
Posted in Real Estate 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
Position Title: Site Electrician
Working Location: Maryland
Employment Status: Full time
Required Experience: 5 years
Required Education: Diploma
Travel Required: 0%
Job Purpose - To Safely operate, maintain and install electrical equipment used for the operation or utility and facility systems located at the Rockville GMS facility
- Works within a dedicated electrical group responsible for maintenance, installation, key improvement projects, electrical safety, corporate compliance, and support of production pauses and shutdowns. Work demands require flexibility between the support of two (2) production facilities in the Rockville GMS campus.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs 13.2V, 4160V, 480V and 120/208V electrical distribution networks including transformers, switches and switchgear, circuit breakers, and motor control components and wiring.
- Uses available schematic drawings or knowledge of electrical equipment operation to diagnose failures. Troubleshoots and repairs all type of electrical equipment failures including switchgear, motors, motor controllers, batteries/capacitators, transformers, and process equipment
- Operates, maintains, and repairs emergency power systems including uninterruptible power supplies (UPSs), emergency generators and paralleling switchgear, transfer switches and associated control networks
- Provides maintenance and repair services to support the activities of the biopharm process. Performs electrical or other repairs to process equipment and related systems.
- Maintains required records, logs, electrical drawings, and audit/inspection forms. Monitors the building power monitoring and control systems (PMCS) for normal power operation, prepares and analyzes status or diagnostic reports.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance routines to assigned equipment. Makes recommendations for maintenance frequencies and tasks to enhance equipment life and maintainability.
- Assists with corporate compliance initiatives related to high voltage (>1000V) and low voltage (<1000V) equipment, portable electrical equipment, grounding, and electrical safety.
- Coordinates with vendors to procure replacement electrical components and related hardware and ensure that the electrical spare parts inventories are maintained.
- Schedules and oversees contractor activities in the performance of maintenance or project tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years experience with the maintenance of industrial equipment or research facilities.
- Five (5) years experience as a maintenance electrician in an industrial environment with plant systems for power distribution, motor control and process utilization equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform job duties with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated familiarity with regulatory guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Skills and knowledge to serve as a resource to less experienced employees
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.