Accountant- Canton, MI at Michigan Paving and Materials Co.
Posted in Accounting 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Canton, Michigan
Job ID: 131843
Michigan Paving and Materials, a vertically integrated Oldcastle Inc. company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.michiganpaving.com, www.stoneco.net or our parent company at www.oldcastle.com.
We are currently seeking candidates for an open Accountant position for our company headquarters located in Canton, MI. This position will perform professional level accounting work in the maintenance and review of fiscal records. The position requires considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles and accounting functions. This individual is responsible for the general ledger, job cost. Additional responsibilities include performing monthly closings, maintenance of accounting files, and preparation/organization of various financial forms, reports, and financial analyses, etc. This individual may be asked to assist with ad-hoc projects and general office support tasks when necessary. These responsibilities and tasks will be coordinated with and supervised by the Controller.
- Must have considerable knowledge with basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions. Job cost and construction experience is a plus for this position.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Ability to access and accurately input information
- Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities and expectations
- Assist with producing monthly financial projections and yearly budgets
- Perform monthly close and related journal entries
- Monthly review of job cost activity ensuring consistent and proper coding.
- Work on one of several areas of the business such as taxes, fixed assets, banking, etc.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in the field of accounting or other related field. Experience may be considered.
- Prefer 4 or more years of general accounting experience
- Background in construction accounting a plus but not required
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook applications.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Michigan Paving and Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Michigan Paving and Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.