Electrician at APAC Texas Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Marble Falls, Texas
Oldcastle Materials Texas Region
Job ID: 131846
Wheeler is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by Oldcastle Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Wheeler is part of Oldcastle’s growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Electrician position today and jumpstart your career with the Oldcastle Materials family!
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to your manager.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project.
- Must be familiar with industrial 480V motors and controls.
- Must be able to wire and troubleshoot 480V controls.
- Installs, maintains, operates or repairs all electrical equipment.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Perform maintenance on plant equipment as needed.
- Controls experience is preferred but not required
- Must supply their own tools
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in the extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment as assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
Education / Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous related experience in the construction field.
- Licensed Electrician/Journeyman required
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials Texas Wheeler is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials Texas Wheeler is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.