Senior Package Commercialization Mgr at The Coca-Cola Company
Posted in Architecture 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:
Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It’s an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company’s flagship market. We’re accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do – whether we’re innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we’re collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we’re returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people – with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace – are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Act as the technical leader for manufacturing and filling new package designs and specifications. Provide technical leadership throughout the development and commercialization of packages. Provide support to package development to inform them of existing system capabilities and determine requirements for new package types where capability does not exist. Bring together all technical resources required to fully develop and commercialize a package including but not limited to quality, micro, engineering, product development and commercialization, manufacturing. Provide subject matter expertise for all types of package processing.
Function Specific Activities:
Technical lead for new package commercialization projects with marketing budgets or annual cost savings in excess of $1MM. Impacts the entire NAG system by commercializing new packages, equipment or technologies that drive consumer demand. Works with suppliers, supply chain, and Bottler senior personnel as well as marketing, Corporate, finance, GP&T and field sales.
Strategic Decision Making:
Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available internal and external resources, constraints, and organizational values.
Analyzes conceptual information, new methods, equipment and technologies to create a competitive advantage. Manages complex organizational tasks. Requires action based on advanced level of knowledge in specific functional areas.
Essentially self-managed when working on assigned projects and activities. Good ability to think through the consequences of actions under consideration. When discussing problems and opportunities with senior management, able to explain the situation, possible solutions, risks and recommended course of action.
Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to influence, negotiate and agree on feasible timelines for all stakeholders. Able to communicate effectively with people across various functional areas to consult and provide recommendations, solutions and improvements to manufacturing practices.
· Conduct Risk Assessment
· Prepare & Distribute Technical / Support Documents
· Review / Recommend changes to proposed packages
· Technical Project Management
· Conduct Line Trials and Field Tests
Up to 75% travel required
Lead cross functional project teams in order to facilitate package commercialization, the package commercialization process or resolve package related issues.
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED - Bachelor's degree in packaging, engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
PREFERRED - Bachelor's degree in packaging, engineering or related discipline preferred. - Master's Degree in related discipline preferred. Lean/ Six Sigma Certification (Green or Black Belt) preferred. Product and ingredient knowledge and experience.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED - Minimum 5-7 years of experience as a packaging engineer, quality assurance manager, manufacturing manager. 7+ years of operations experience or quality assurance without a college degree. Technical expertise in packaging design, manufacturing processes and/or machinery utilized. Strong troubleshooting skills and cross functional leadership are a key skill for this role.
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.