Construction Inspector at Pennoni
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Haddon Heights, New JerseyJob Description:
Pennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Pennoni Associates is currently seeking a Construction Inspector with experience consistent, but not limited to:
- Working in the field at construction sites as a quality assurance representative inspecting construction work and performing construction materials testing
- Monitoring one or more of the following for compliance with the drawings and specifications: reinforced concrete, masonry, structural steel, spray applied fire proofing, soils and/or foundation construction
- Performing field testing of plastic concrete, grout, mortar and block, fire proofing, soils and/or nondestructive testing of welds
- Ability to read drawings and specifications, write reports, create sketches, communicate and coordinate with the engineers, contractors, and clients
Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.
- High School Diploma
- 1 to 3 years related experience
- Certifications: NJDCA, ICC, ACI, AWS, and ASNT (preferred but not required)
- Computer Skills: Windows-based software, Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Willing to work in the field performing some physical work
- High character, dependable, and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Must be okay with working at heights for steel/welding inspection
- Able to work construction hours, may include overtime
- Reliable transportation