Relationship Manager Government Banking at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Hartford, ConnecticutJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Successful candidate will be responsible for managing existing government relationships in addition to developing, sourcing and securing new profitable banking relationships within Government Banking. Primary focus is on cities and towns, state government, school districts, water districts, public authorities and agencies in the state of Connecticut.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary contact with assigned prospective and current public sector clients
- Identifies client needs and corresponding sales opportunities bank-wide and actively promotes ways to increase client utilization of bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the bank
- Proficiently manage existing portfolio and stays informed of developing trends in the public sector
- Actively works with clients to understand each client's normal account activity and provide consultative solutions on an ongoing basis
- Maintains assigned annual goals for portfolio maintenance, portfolio growth and new business development
- Actively participate in government trade association meetings and conference/trade shows
- Coordinates cash management sales and implementation as part of a team
- Is involved in proposal responses and coordination with internal departments
- Participates in departmental initiatives as they arise
- Ensures job duties are performed within established policies, controls, risk and audit protocols
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Business or Finance
- Experience with Government Banking/Public Sector Industry
- Successful and sustained sales and relationship management experience
- Working knowledge of Cash Management services; CTP designation a plus
- Well-developed written communication and verbal presentation skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point; Sales Force knowledge a plus
- Considerable tact, diplomacy and people skills
- Strong interpersonal character and integrity
- Superior expertise in managing multiple tasks with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently while being team oriented
- Excellent problem resolution and organizational skills