MST Therapist - GA MST-DJJ - FT Flexible Schedule with 24/7 Availability at COMMUNITY SOLUTIONS INC
Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Provide community based treatment for youth and family with complex clinical, social and educational problems. Over a period of 4 - 6 months services are delivered in homes, neighborhoods, schools and communities. Emphasis is on promoting behavioral change in the youth’s natural environment. Family interventions seek to promote the parent’s capacity to monitor and discipline the adolescent. Initial family sessions identify the strengths and weaknesses of the youth, his family, peers, school, and other factors. Problems throughout the family are explicitly identified for change, and the strengths of each system are used to facilitate such change.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities
- Client Services
- Mediate and resolve family problems and handle all emergency situations in a calm manner in accordance with Agency policies and procedures as needed.
- Serve as positive role model following program guidelines for professional conduct and code of ethics
- Develop and maintain professional boundaries and relations with clients.
- Monitor client behavior and implement Agency behavior management procedures as needed.
- Program Services/Administration
- Possess knowledge of and adherence to standards of confidentiality, and if applicable Department of Public Health and Addiction Services regulations, Title XIX, CHAMPUS, Medicare/Medicaid and Managed Care requirements that pertain to Agency programs and client. Provide directions for staff related to mental health issues as requested.
- Complete incident reports as required
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, external agencies, community resources and funding sources.
- Conduct program specific assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, outcome review and strategy revision procedure using the program specific Analytic Process.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with program specific Principles and the program specific Analytic Process.
- Collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system to ensure their buy-in and cooperation throughout treatment.
- Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with program specific principles and practices.
- Attend weekly clinical supervision and clinical consultation.
- Carry cell phone and participate in 24/7 on-call system.
- Complete data for program Client Management System.
- Expected to complete over 75% of cases with 75% of goals met.
- Security & Client Supervision
- Recommend program terminations and coordinate in accordance with Agency and referral source policies.
- Ensure collection of urine samples and complete related paperwork and breathalyzer testing as required by contract.
- Professional Growth & Development
- Complete a Therapist/Counselor Field Visit “Before and After” form and attend one home visit with Program Director per month.
- Provide Program Director with one audiotape of a home visit per month and a Therapist/Counselor Tape Review “Drop-off” form for review.
- Increase treatment responsibilities as determined necessary for program needs and as qualified to do so by the Program or Clinical Supervisor.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of this position at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Master’s degree in Social Services or related field, plus two (2) years of work experience in social work or clinical treatment.
- Social Work or other clinical license is preferred.
- Valid driver license
CSI offers great benefits which include two weeks’ vacation with progressive increases, sick time, floating holiday time. Benefits also include medical, dental, vision, FSA, voluntary STD, Accident, Hospital, Life insurance and AD&D. Employees are eligible to participate immediately in the company 401k plan where the company matches 100% up to 4% of your contribution.
CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disability/Vet. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.