The Proposal Processor is responsible for determining the operations to produce products and develops processes to ensure quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met.
- Evaluate product and manufacturing system needs.
- Create designs of operation systems for the manufacturing of products.
- Create, edit, and maintain process documentation.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of processes through observations and measurements. Collect and interpret data from other personnel.
- Review process and recommendations to improve efficiency through material savings, scrap reduction, material handling reduction and other methods.
- Develop new production methods using engineering fundamentals.
- Develop plant layout to improve process flow and minimize material handling.
- Conduct cycle time studies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 5 years of experience in proposal processing or a closely related field.
- Understanding of tool design.
- Self-motivated and deadline focused.
- Familiar with MIG and spot weld processes.
- Ability to react quickly to changing requirements.
- Knowledge of the following: Unigraphics, Catia, Inventor and Auto Cad systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.