Sr Staff, Strategic Sourcing at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Military/Defense 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
An exciting sourcing leadership opportunity with a premier fast-growing biotech and a global leader in genetic sequencing. This role will shape the packaging and delivery of Illumina’s consumable kits, thus shaping the efficiency of genetic sequencing technology overall to allow for mass scale adoption, maximizing the benefits of genetic information for all.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead strategic sourcing activities for new products.
- Provide functional leadership and direction on New Product Introduction teams.
- Lead the strategic roadmap creation and implementation of commodity strategies for consumable packaging.
- Negotiate development agreements, statements of work, and supply agreements achieving favorable terms that mitigate business risks and protect Illumina’s IP while reducing product cost and inventory levels.
- Strengthen strategic supplier relationships to reduce business risk and support manufacturing site escalations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and suppliers to develop capabilities, continuity, and capacity.
- Lead strategic supplier executive reviews resulting in supplier performance improvements through collaboration with R&D, Operations, and Quality.
- Launch and manage continuous improvement initiatives within Global Supply Chain.
- Partner with executive stakeholders to achieve functional and company goals.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Strategic thinker; anticipates and develops business opportunities and priorities for future action while also executing on concrete business objectives
- Customer focused, able to listen, very responsive, and action oriented to meet business needs while maintaining a positive, professional outlook.
- Strong analytical skills that allow the successful candidate to extract core data from a variety of sources, draw conclusions and insights, and translate those insights into actions.
- Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with requisite interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with business partners, suppliers, and regional teams.
- Experience developing and leading RFx events.
- Strong negotiator; ability to negotiate the best deal for ILMN and influence upward.
- International sourcing and supplier management experience; preferably in packaging chemical or biological materials.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time; both domestic and international.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree, plus twelve years of experience in the field of procurement, strategic sourcing, contract management, or related experience.
- Prefer MBA candidates.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf