Customer Engineer Level II at Liebert Corporation
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Vertiv is the world's leading supplier of computer support systems, precision air conditioning and power protection systems. The company has more than eleven manufacturing facilities along with a worldwide network of sales offices, distributors and service centers covering more than 100 countries.
A Customer Field Engineer is responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance, scheduled and emergency services on UPS equipment serviced by Vertiv. The CE is required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate. A company vehicle, laptop, smartphone, and tools will be provided. Benefits provided include: health insurance, prescription plans, dental, vacation, paid holidays, 401K and Profit Sharing. We provide an elaborate training program for new hires which requires travel to Columbus, Ohio as needed.
- Associates degree in Electronics or military electronics training preferred
- 4+ years of hands on electronic experience
- Familiarity with electrical/electronic test equipment and fundamentals
- Ability to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
- Working knowledge of OHM's law and electronic theory
- Ability to evaluate the operating conditions of equipment
- Standard computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Mechanical aptitude
- Clear, concise, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of internal and external customers
- Must have the ability and self motivation to manage one's own schedule
- Render technical on-site and phone assistance to customers
- Perform general and preventive maintenance on UPS systems
- Respond to emergency calls at customers request
- Strive to provide all customers a 'first time fix' for their equipment
- Provide accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers
- Keep current on Safety Field Change Notices and Service Tips
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of time cards, expense reports, etc.