Maintenance Technician at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Job Description SummaryThe Maintenance Tech (MT) performs general maintenance work to ensure hotel physical plant quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained. The MT takes care of the building, equipment and grounds of the hotel. This position will perform maintenance and repairs, and preventative maintenance, to all areas of the hotel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients according to the Sonesta
· Take responsibility for and inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security
of guests, associates or hotel assets.
· Complete work orders such as replacing ceiling titles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, repairs to pipe
lines, toilets, sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment, etc. Perform preventative maintenance duties as assigned.
· Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, guests entrance/access
doors, television sets, and lighting systems; make minor repairs and/or replacements to ensure proper
operation and maximum efficiency.
· Refurbish furniture and fixtures such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows, counters. Paint and finish
furniture and fixtures in guest rooms, if needed.
· Maintain the safety and cleanliness of exterior of the facility, grounds, pool and exercise/sport facilities
(including property signs, lighting and snow removal).
· Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture,
· Maintain front entrance area, parking lot, and street entrance in a clean and presentable manner.
· Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
· Perform maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of buildings, hotels rooms and contents,
laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water
treatment systems, and swimming pool (if applicable), etc.
· Perform preventive maintenance as outlined in the PM Works program. May include and is not limited to:
Inspect building, furniture, bathrooms, guest rooms, and all equipment to ensure it is functioning properly and
efficiently, read and record mechanical and other meters to ensure effective energy management, and maintain
inspection log and records of scheduled work and repairs.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
· Comply with federal, state and local laws regarding health, and safety services.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance or construction, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Previous background from the extended stay industry or apartment building maintenance preferred.
· Knowledge of basic plumbing, carpentry, electricity, and equipment mechanics.
· Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
· Reading and writing abilities are required in order to receive instructions for the day and/or to read equipment
manuals including safety information.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Valid driver’s license required.
· Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
· Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility.
· Will be required to regularly use commercial chemicals
· Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75 pounds.
· Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.