Sanitation Administrator at Ajinomoto Windsor, Inc.
Posted in Other 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Hayward, CaliforniaJob Description:
Ajinomoto Windsor, Inc.
Job ID 2018-1235
# of Openings 1
Job Field Sanitation
Targeted Job Start Date 3/12/2018
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Shift Third Shift
To maintain sanitation documentation integrity and food safety within the plant. Implement all government directives, regulations, and polices on a plant-wide basis.
- Organize and train all sanitors within the sanitation department documentation.
- Implement government regulations regarding sanitation and food safety in all areas of the plant.
- Maintain effective communication channels between all departments.
- Keep employees focused on HACCP and GMP procedures
- Track microbiological (ATP) trends, sanitation program performance
- Create and write sanitation procedures and/or SOP to be implemented at plant
- Develop and organize different means of evaluating sanitation performance and then develop better ways to train
- Evaluate sanitation and pest & rodent contractor's performance to ensure they are completing their jobs in a safe, effective and professional manner
- Manage special projects regarding sanitation department and food safety for the plant.
- Work tasks fluctuate demanding on the direction of sanitation department, plant conditions, and business objectives
- Develop, maintain and implement any programs relating to sanitation to include leading audits and maintenance
- Work closely with operations to ensure regulatory compliance
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent
- Minimum 3-7 years' experience in sanitation and/or quality control area
- HACCP certification
- BRC certification desirable but not required
- Basic understanding of Lean, SPC, 5S, Six Sigma, and other CI tools
- Excellent management and organization skills
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Presentation Skills - ability to make clear, concise and convincing business presentations.
Analytical - ability to independently perform, mentor and manage others in conducting complex technical analysis of manufacturing data, statistical process control (SPC) and supplier performance
Leadership - ability to act as team leader for special task assignments; providing leadership in development of skills and knowledge for team members; demonstrated ability to develop subordinates by driving, delegating, supporting, coaching, and
Mentoring - ability to mentor other team members in technical knowledge and management skills.
Communication Skills - excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing and presentation skills.
Organizational Skills - excellent people and organizational skills.
Judgment/Decision Making - ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate business judgement and recommendations independent of supervisor.
Computer Skills - working knowledge of Microsoft based software, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Other - ability to elicit internal and external support; good interpersonal skills; ability to work under pressure and short time lines, prioritizing multiple projects with various simultaneous deadlines, as well as attention to detail with accuracy.
Position Specific Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Fluency in English (Written and Verbal) - required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk and taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance in a manufacturing facility; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud in the production area.