Material Handler I (First Shift) at Ajinomoto Windsor, Inc.
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Hayward, CaliforniaJob Description:
Ajinomoto Windsor, Inc.
Job ID 2018-1252
# of Openings 1
Job Field Warehouse
Targeted Job Start Date 3/6/2018
Job Type Temporary Full-Time
Shift First Shift
Receives, stores, and distributes products, materials, and equipment within establishments by performing the following duties.
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares orders according to established procedures: Reviews bills of lading and shipping schedule to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed; palletizes and shrink wraps order; prepares Loading Manifest; loads carrier in presence driver; returns completed and signed documentation to Logistics.
- Receive incoming materials, equipment and supplies; check items received against purchase order for accuracy; inspect merchandise for damage; assist in unloading delivery trucks as necessary.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in storage areas according to predetermined sequence.
- Store, stock and supply items; maintain shelves and stock in a clean and orderly condition.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in temperature-controlled rooms.
- Pick up material and/or parts from local vendors.
- Assist in taking stock inventory; rotate stock; order stock according to established guidelines.
- Maintains accurate inventory records.
- Transports materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas and/or between facilities.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Safely operate warehouse vehicles and equipment including pallet jack, forklift, carts and trucks; conduct general inspection of equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to safely operate motorized standup forklift and electric and manual pallet jacks. Ability to load and unload trucks. Must have knowledge of: Basic warehousing systems and procedures. Health and safety regulations; proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies; interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy; record-keeping techniques.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid California Driver's License, clean driving record
Fluency in English (verbal and written)