Reg Nurse- Home Health JNESO at Virtua
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
REG NURSE- HOME HEALTH JNESO
JOB ID R1002074 TYPE Employee - Part Time LOCATION Mount Laurel STANDARD HOURS 2
Responsible for assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care through outcome identification and evidence based - practice for the patient in their homes.
Coordinates patient care and communicates and collaborates extensively with other members of the healthcare team, patients, patient families and significant others to develop the plan of care.
Supervises the Home Health Aide in the home.
Promotes delivery of quality care and efficient utilization of agency resources.
* Conducts comprehensive patient assessments incorporating psychosocial and physiological status as well as health behaviors, compliance with therapeutic regime and technical procedures.
* Coordinates plan of treatment with the physician through timely and appropriate communication with the physician.
* Administers, monitors, and documents therapeutic interventions and regimes.
* Demonstrates complete knowledge of established standards for documentation, use of point of service devise, and time frames for completion.
* Educates patient and family / significant other regarding disease process, individual care needs, wellness, medications, safety issues, etc.
* Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to establish the plan of care.
* Maintains standard precautions and patient safety principles.
* Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities.
* Maintains professional and departmental level competencies.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Must have a valid NJ RN License. Approved licenses must be presented and maintained in accordance with the State of New Jersey Licensing Board.
1 - 2 years recent work experience in a hospital i.e. Med/Surg, E.R., OB/GYN, Peds, MICU, CCU or other specialty units and/or one year recent community health experience.
Broad knowledge of nursing practice and ability to apply specific skills in the home health setting.
Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
Virtua is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with respect to hiring, compensation, promotion, firing or any other term or condition of employment. Employees will be selected based on qualifications, and without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, ancestry, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information and military service.