Field Representative - Winston-Salem, North Carolina at Dairy Farmers of America
Posted in Compliance 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Statesville, North Carolina
Acts as a liaison between the members and the cooperative relating but not limited to the production of quality milk, information about and from the cooperative on dairy policy, pricing, government actions and the dairy industry in general. Developing and maintaining excellent customer and member relationships are a priority. Promote and be proud of Dairy Farmers of America, Inc. (DFA) in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide each of your assigned DFA members with the specific services and assistance they need to produce high quality milk, stay abreast of developments in the dairy industry, and obtain the full benefits of being a DFA member/producer. Promptly respond to all producer requests, questions or problems and pass on any pertinent or relevant information to your supervisor/manager. Provide complete, accurate and timely information required to effectively administer all the DFA programs to the membership.
* Perform routine farm visits as often as required to insure that farm conditions are such that any state or federal inspections or surveys could achieve a passing score. Take appropriate corrective action when substandard conditions are encountered. Work cooperatively with all federal and state regulatory agencies. Complete the DFA Gold Standard programs with all members and update it as outlined.
* Identify all dairy farmers in your assigned territory who are not current members of DFA and introduce them to the programs, benefits and company profile of DFA. Encourage these producers to become members of DFA and invite them to one of the DFA local meetings. Maintain prospects lists of interested producers and call on them regularly. Growth of new membership in your area is an essential part of the job.
* Complete in detail any new membership applications and promptly forward them to the council office for continued completion and approval by the Board. All paperwork related to a new member must be completed including former market or coop, assignments, hauler, GPS, payees, etc. Any termination for any reason needs to be documented on the proper form and sent promptly to the area council offices
* Monitor all aspects of members' milk quality including component test results. Identify all members with problems and provide them prompt technical advice. All milk produced must meet or exceed our plant or customer's requirements along with state and federal standards. In the event that after repeated efforts to assist a member who continues to produce milk that is poor quality or has substandard facility or equipment issues, a report needs to be filed with your supervisor/manager so that immediate corrective action can be taken with the member.
* Encourage members to contribute to DFA programs such as DEPAC, DFA Cares and others. Must be able to explain in detail the many benefits of letting their voices be heard in political circles. Stay current with all state, federal and dairy legislative issues. If necessary meet with and advise legislators on DFA's position on an issue. Encourage members to contact their legislators in support of these same issues.
* Collect water samples and maintain a current record of all water samples required by the governing regulatory agency. All water sample results shall be directed to the agency requiring the sample results. All samples should be taken within the required period of time to prevent overdue samples.
* All affidavits on file concerning rBST-free milk shall be completed and/or renewed as required by State Regulatory agencies, as the use of posilac could change by the member.
* Advise producers on state-of-the-art production practices they can employ to increase their production per cow or expand their dairy operations.
* Be available for after hour calls, on-call duty will be required including some weekends and holidays.
* Maintain constant communications with milk haulers in the territory assigned to you. Form good relationships with haulers so that any problem with members, customers, quality or shrinkage can be dealt with in an efficient and prompt manner. Periodically check haulers on their routes to evaluate their milk weighing accuracy, sampling procedures and farm services. Maintain shrinkage on all loads to meet or exceed company or customer specifications. Arrange to calibrate farm tanks, check stick readings, and verify scale accuracy to rectify any discrepancies. Suggest corrective action and make follow-ups when deficiencies are found.
* Work with regulatory agencies to ensure that haulers and their equipment are in compliance with all laws and regulations governing milk transport and deliveries. Including inspection dates and current license on all drivers.
* In the event that a member decides to terminate their membership in DFA, inform all parties in DFA of the reasons for such termination. Be able to answer all questions, criticism or comments from the terminating member in an effort to have the termination rescinded by the member.
* Keep communication lines very current and open so that relationships with producers, haulers, customers, competitors, regulatory agencies, or the public can be maintained, developed and improved by all DFA staff. Response time of phone calls or emails to the members or the DFA offices is paramount.
* Participate in local events such as fairs, dairy cattle shows, DHI banquets, extension meetings and dairy promotion activities. Attend all required DFA meetings, functions or events.
* Provide proper care and service maintenance to any equipment and/or company vehicle per company policies. Report all accident and/or major repair issues immediately to your supervisor/manager.
* Record and maintain complete copies of expenses on the proper DFA form and submit for payment in a timely fashion. Complete all deductions for personal use of the company car, company cell phone or other items as they may pertain to the personal use of company property.
* Complete weekly reports in detail and submit to the supervisor/manager at the end of the week.
* Adhere to all aspects of company and customer safety, sanitation and site policies.
* Consult with DFA members on opportunities offered by DFA within Farm Services.
* Perform tasks as requested by Area Managers on special assignments.