Business Development Consultant, IP Translations at Clarivate Analytics US LLC
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
CLARIVATE ANALYTICS CLIENTS ARE THE TRAILBLAZERS AND RISK TAKERS WHO COME UP WITH LIFE-CHANGING IDEAS. WE RE LOOKING FOR OUR OWN TRAILBLAZERS TO HELP US KEEP PROVIDING CLIENTS SOME OF THE WORLD S MOST TRUSTED BRANDS, SPANNING SCIENTIFIC AND ACADEMIC RESEARCH, PATENT ANALYTICS, PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOTECH INTELLIGENCE AND IP MANAGEMENT.
WE RE AN INDEPENDENT OWNED COMPANY WITH A RICH HERITAGE AND A BOLD ENTREPRENEURIAL MISSION. IF YOU RE EXCITED BY THE THOUGHT OF HELPING PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATIONS GO FROM NEW IDEAS TO LIFE-CHANGING INNOVATIONS FASTER, WE RE EXCITED TO CONSIDER YOU FOR A POSITION AT CLARIVATE.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The role of the Business Development Consultant, IP Translations will be an integral member of the Intellectual Property business of Clarivate. The Business Development Consultant is responsible for understanding the customer s business needs specific to IP translations to proactively drive growth of our IP translation offering.
The Business Development Consultant will have an in-depth and detailed understanding of the Intellectual Property industry and specifically the needs and requirements of the market for IP translations, building on this foundation to present viable and attractive solutions to client firms. The role will focus on new sales business development for IP translations and will work closely with the IP sales organization
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Drives revenue growth of IP translation services by meeting and exceeding new sales goals on monthly and quarterly basis.
* Pursues net new business through a high volume of strategic prospecting and account development
* Works closely with the IP Services business on market needs to build robust, scalable IP translation solutions
* Serving as a business development specialist focused on IP translations, this role will work closely with IP sales organization collaborating on pipeline and account development.
* Maintains, develops and grows a rigorous pipeline, with accurate forecasting.
* Negotiates and closes business segment customer contracts.
* Creates and manages a territory development plan and reports on results.
* Captures and records customer information and sales activity data into customer relationship management (CRM) system and appropriate business systems
* Maintains and reports regularly on a pipeline of sales activity, revenue forecasts and closing timetables.
* Assist in establishing product development priorities based on customer experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Degree required
* Prior Intellectual Property knowledge and familiarity with the IP translations lifecycle is preferred
* Minimum of 5 years sales experience in a consultative selling environment
* Proven track record of successful prospecting and consistent achievement of targets in a complex sales environment
* Proven consultative sales abilities in these areas: research and development, competitive intelligence and legal departments of corporations
* Proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments and influence all levels within an organization; willingness to collaborate and bring in appropriate resources to close sales
* Ability to consult with and advise customers in order to identify their needs and apply knowledge to understand customer workflows and what is important to their business; including best practice sharing
* Comfortable building ROI calculations, and demonstrating value through pay-back/financial assumptions.
* Excellent organizational skills-ability to manage multi-stage process pipeline
* Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing environment
* Must have strong presentation, communication, negotiation, interpersonal and time management skills
* Desire to learn and grow with an evolving organization a must. Focus on professional development will be key
* Ability to travel up 50%
IT IS THE POLICY OF CLARIVATE TO PROVIDE EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) TO ALL PERSONS REGARDLESS OF AGE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, RACE, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY AND/OR EXPRESSION, GENETIC INFORMATION, MARITAL STATUS, STATUS WITH REGARD TO PUBLIC ASSISTANCE, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW. IN ADDITION, CLARIVATE WILL PROVIDE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.