Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Anaheim, California
Idemia Identity & Security USA LLC (IDEMIA) is expanding its proposal writing team to add an energetic and motivated Senior Proposal Writer who has a broad understanding of value based solution sales along with strong written communication skills.
The Senior Proposal Writer is a key team member that is responsible for writing and editing non-technical and technical narrative sections of proposals in response to solicitations from various local, state and federal government agencies. Under the direction of the proposal manager for the specific assignment, the senior proposal writer is responsible to review solicitation documents, create the proposal outline, annotate it with the proposal manager, and guide the template development process. She/he participates during planning sessions to fully understand business requirements and how to best position the proposal response. He/she must be able to successfully work cross functionally and virtually with technical and subject matter experts to develop winning, targeted, responsive content from outlines through final text. This person will author, proofread and edit proposal content. They check color team drafts for consistency, clarity, and persuasiveness of the material. The desired deliverable is well written and properly laid out proposals. The response text is compliant, concise and compelling. The net result is yielding the highest possible technical evaluation scores.
The preferred candidate is detail-oriented, customer-focused and able to successfully manage all facets of the proposal writing process under aggressive deadlines. The successful candidate must be able to work both as a team member and independently when necessary in order to meet deadline driven schedules in a fast paced environment. Extra effort during nights and weekends may be required to meet deadlines.
* Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to): Write new content which is compelling, compliant and active voice
* Review solicitations with proposal manager, and create working document with annotated outline
* Work with technical and subject matter experts to generate responses which meet or exceed solicitation requirements
* Prepare documents for review teams
* Highly organized with demonstrated ability to recognize and comply with meticulous customer requirements
* Participate in review debriefs and revise text according to the proposal manager s recovery plan
* Works with graphic artists to develop conceptual images, standard process flowcharts, diagrams, and other graphics needed for written sections
* Complete assignments on time by either interviewing or collaborating with SME s
* Apply a thorough planning approach to writing by using industry best practice tools and methodologies
* Present technical information in ways that is easy to understand and evaluate
* Achieve customer focus by integrating win themes, proofs and discriminator statements, emphasis techniques and other industry recognized best practices
* Manage document versioning and control
* Format document based on solicitation requirements
* Edit documents in accordance with best practices, strong proof reading and editorial skills with high attention to detail
* High level understanding of enterprise and technical architecture concepts
* Mentor other team members on industry best practices
* Review and maintain reuse materials
* Expert level skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
* Write new content which is compelling, compliant and active voice
* Demonstrated interviewing skills
* Experience working with virtual teams
* Formatting and Editing of large, multi-section proposal documents
* Version control tracking of inputs from multiple sources
* Creating an RFP compliant structured outline from solicitations.
* Experience in understanding solicitation requirements
* Use of SharePoint for document control
* Microsoft Office or other related Certifications
* APMP member
* Be a positive constructive team player; building relationships throughout the company
* Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Graphic Design Skills, Technical Documentation, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
* Experience with industry proposal development software
* Identification management solution experience, such as biometrics and/or applicant data processing and verification
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, communications or technical writing
* Seven+ years of experience in working with and responding to solicitations
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Occasional overnight travel as required; should not exceed 25% of the time
* General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment
* Position may require periods of non-traditional hours including late evenings, weekends, or holidays on occasion
Must be a US Citizen, without dual Citizenships
MorphoTrust is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics