Water Engineer at Arcadis U.S. Inc
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
The Water Business Line of Arcadis is currently searching for a Water Engineer to join our world-class firm in Virginia Beach VA.
The primary focus for this Engineer will be planning, design and construction administration for many project opportunities including water, wastewater, stormwater and water management. Management responsibilities would include working under the direction of the Project Manager or Sr. Engineers to assist in the development of project scopes and budgets, having interaction with clients and assisting with project management activities. Technical responsibilities will include; facilities planning, project design, permitting and construction administration activities as well as developing design reports and construction documents. Projects can involve facilities planning and design for treatment plants, pumping systems, pipelines, collection systems, green infrastructure and flood protection.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual who possesses the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Work on water/wastewater/stormwater treatment and conveyance including planning, process evaluations, detailed design, and construction administration.
* Fieldwork to include, for example: conducting site visits, sampling, analyzing data for water quality, technology evaluations, and plant operations information, process troubleshooting, and optimization, as well as condition assessments and overall performance evaluations of water/wastewater/stormwater facilities.
* Client facing work including preparation and conducting of effective presentations, participation in client meetings and field interaction with clients and subcontractors.
* Work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously
* Exercise judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
* Ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices and quality and safety standards and facilitate coordination for completion and submission of projects on time and budget.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, or Water Resources Engineering or a related field of study.
* EIT certification
* Demonstrated proficiency in Civil3D 2014 or higher, and ARCGIS ver. 10.3.1 or higher
* Post-processing of tremble GPS data & conversion into ARCGIS or Autodesk platforms.
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineWater, perhaps the world s most critical resource, can both sustain and destroy. As a global top five player in water services, we focus on the entire water cycle from source to tap and back again while also managing rivers and coastal zones, urban and rural water, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels. Join our specialist teams of engineers, scientists and consultants and be uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water technology that is built to withstand and support the demands of a rapidly changing world.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.