Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Viking Electric Supply in Oshkosh, Wisconsin is hiring an Operations Manager
The objective of this operations manager role is to coordinate and supervise daily operational and administrative activities for the Oshkosh market, including receiving, shipping, warehousing, delivery, counter sales, inventory management and administrative functions in support of sales activity as directed. Work within operational budget constraints to effectively and efficiently manage the process of order fulfillment. Some of the main duties and responsibilities include:
* Work closely with sales teams to provide consistent, responsive, and innovative service to the customers. Meet with customers when appropriate with regard to specific orders or projects in order to help accommodate unusual or complex requirements.
* Hire, train, supervise, develop, and provide support to counter, warehouse, driver, and administrative associates, assisting in day-to-day functions as needed.
* Maintain building/grounds and company trucks; order warehouse supplies and maintain overall building security while operating within annual budget guidelines. Secure bids and review capital expenditures for building improvements.
* Monitor and manage location s inventory control, including on-hand balance adjustments, stock location maintenance, returns, and yearly physical inventory.
* Work closely with marketing on merchandising, product promotions, counter days and other activities directed at local customers.
* Strong organizational skills and able to prioritize and delegate multiple tasks
* Strong communication, sales, and customer service skills
* Good PC skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) , Email & Internet Use
* Ability to handle pressure
* Experience/knowledge of warehouse equipment and machines
* Ability to work across departments
* Strong reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
* Knowledge of or ability to learn and enforce DOT rules and regulations
* Ability to interpret, understand & enforce policy and procedures and relate them to others
* Strong managerial & leadership skills, ability to motivate team and manage conflict
* Supervisory skills-ability to manage staffing, performance review decisions, mentor and supervise development of staff
* Ability to lift 75 lbs.
Supervisory experience preferred, sales/city desk experience preferred & five years experience in operations, logistics, or distribution environment. Knowledge of VE s systems, processes, products, and market knowledge preferred.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States