Site Surveyor at Tesla
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hawthorne, California
The Site Surveyor qualifies PV and storage sales with a technical review of the structure and provides necessary project information to the design team for the preparation of permits. Site Surveyors are the first point of contact with our customers for the installation team and set the tone for our customer service experience.
* Conduct a physical site survey using a variety of company provided tools and equipment including measuring devices, hand tools, ladders, personal protective equipment, etc.
* Document the project site with photos using a company provided digital camera and a smart phone application
* Fill out, by hand, paper site surveying sheets needed by the Engineering Department to produce permit-ready documents
* Upload information to the project management system using a company provided laptop
* Follow a preset job schedule and track hours on a smart phone application
* Effectively and succinctly communicate with customers and support departments regarding the survey process and status.
* Experience in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; estimating or site surveying experience is preferred; photovoltaic installation experience is ideal
* Ability to lift 70lbs and work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold weather, heat or cold in homes and attics)
* Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops and in attics of multi-level buildings
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills required
* Proficiency with technology that includes smart phone applications, digital cameras, spreadsheets
* The ability to read plans, specifications, diagrams, equipment submittals, and material data sheets
* Must excel working in an environment with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment screening requirements
* Must have a valid state driver s license
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.