Delivery Supervisor at Food Services of America
Posted in Executive 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Woodburn, Oregon
We are currently looking for a Delivery Supervisor to join our expanding team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, Food Services of America treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career.
Apply now and join our team!
- Supervises drivers with leadership and communication and develops teamwork among the Operations Team. Fosters cooperation between drivers and warehouse associates.
- Observes safe work habits and coaches to improve safety at all times; conducts safety checks.
- Reviews the driver route itineraries to determine route profitability and proper logistics. Debriefs drivers on time windows and improvements that can be made to avoid delays, reduces mileage and
increases cases per route. Communicates to the routers on recommended changes and follows up with the drivers for feedback.
- Trains driver associates to work safely and efficiently at all times and coaches when expectations are not met. Provides feedback to drivers on progress from observations, accuracy of deliveries scanning product, customer service and performance.
- Coaches drivers to use best practices, Smith System safe driving techniques and to adhere to SOP for delivery and driving compliance.
Follow up with all drivers with coaching and training involved in work related injuries, near misses and collisions.
- Debriefs drivers on loading and selection issues for follow-up with documentation to warehouse supervision for improvement in stacking, securing product and the proper loading to prevent damage and improve unloading efficiencies.
- Reviews productivity, accuracy reports, and new hire training progress to best service our customers and perform safe productive deliveries. Takes appropriate action as necessary.
- Mentors and oversees new drivers and conducts weekly progress checks for new drivers.
- Tracks performance of all drivers and conducts spot checks.
- Monitors and posts driver productivity on a monthly basis.
- Ensures good working relationships within the department and with other departments, communicates effectively with associates and managers. Sets priorities and requirements to help
develop plans of action. Communicates resolutions of plans, takes action, set priorities and meets deadlines. Monitors and follows up on results.
- Observes and coaches on delivery unloading techniques and scanner procedures to improve accuracy and service customers.
- Monitors drivers to ensure proper procedures are followed being followed.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Post-Secondary education or training in Transportation preferred
- Prior Supervisory experience preferred
- Clean driving record with ability to obtain a Class A CDL license with doubles endorsement within 12 months of hire.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- In-depth knowledge of the Oregon and SW Washington geographical areas
- Experience with Roadnet routing software and scheduling
- Knowledge of DOT hours of service regulations, Class A CDL's and FMCR's.
- Knowledge of distribution, shipping and receiving.
- Ability to read and comprehend maps, including internet mapping sites.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Detail oriented
- Able to work independently and as an effective member of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and motivate associates
- Experience in prioritizing multiple deadlines
- Proven track record in problem solving