Associate Director, Maintenance Strategy & Planning at University of Delaware
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Newark, DelawareJob Description:
University of Delaware
Job Title Associate Director, Maintenance Strategy & Planning
Job ID 105328
Location Newark, DE
PAY GRADE: 34E
DEADLINE: Open until Filled
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under limited direction, this position is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the maintenance management strategy (MMS) that drives effective utilization of labor, materials and services within the M&O department. This position is responsible for defining work execution performance standards and providing communications processes that drive analysis and continuous process improvement. The position is highly collaborative and works across both M&O departments and FREAS departments to provide a holistic strategy in the delivery of services and in reporting ongoing progress of initiatives through robust reporting methodologies. The position requires the strong ability to articulate program definition, status of initiatives, success milestones, barriers to success and problem/resolution methodologies. Regular direct engagement of trades personnel, peer management, executive management and end users of M&O services is required to drive alignment and program success.
- Supervises planning & scheduling department and the overall maintenance management strategy including field program implementation, field deployment and field analysis functions. Oversees associated administrative controls and compliance requirements that assure proactive asset management including program management of preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, corrective maintenance, maintenance technologies and the field application of the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). Has the final review and approval for assigned staff including recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation and problem resolution; ensures staff provide program control and engagement of field supervision and trades.
- Develops and implements work execution field standards and improvements including labor utilization, material utilization and service utilization; researches, studies and recommends field improvements to work execution processes, tools and systems; implements associated systems in the field to improve workflow, cost efficiency, manpower use and overall maintenance logistics; works in collaboration with the Sustainability, Energy & Engineering department in technical assessments and trades; interfaces directly with the Director of Sustainability, Energy & Engineering to ensure consistent delivery of the MMS program.
- Develops and manages standard processes necessary to fully deploy the MMS; this includes coordinating necessary input from operations personnel, EHS, and other specialty resources as required during development and deployment phases
- Ensures processes and procedures are developed, implemented and refined for administrative and policy compliance requirements.
- Fully versed in the use of a CMMS to drive the MMS program.
- Fully versed in technical trade work practices, facilities management applications, field OEM/technical specification review and occupational safety and regulatory requirements.
- Manages and assesses technical maintenance procedures for applicability, standardization, and work practices; focus is on safety, consistent service delivery, customer satisfaction, cost efficiencies and historical record keeping vs adhoc records.
- Assures methods are implemented and maintained to control manpower schedules within the MMS; coordinates as appropriately with M&O shop supervision in projecting impact on vacations, absences, etc.
- Assures optimization of preventive maintenance schedules; collaborates with shop managers in conjunction with manpower availability.
- Provides tracking and reporting for current trends and projections for future needs; provides analysis of Maximo data for performance trending, asset life cycle assessment, deferred maintenance projections and general Maximo reporting analysis.
- Provides counsel, advice and field direction to supervisors and trades personnel in the execution of the MMS.
- Communicates information and provides counsel to management relative to engagement of personnel, processes and work related issues stemming from the deployment of maintenance strategies.
- Embeds and promotes safe work practices within the MMS.
- Co-manages process documentation and record keeping activities in support of the Information Services department.
- Conducts performance reviews of assigned personnel.
- Analyzes written and computer generated reports as required.
- Assists management in developing and maintaining budget.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with customers, management, technical departments and peers to address and resolve issues.
- Takes the initiative by being a self-starter in developing and executing program initiatives that include industry best practices, improved work methods and continuous improvement programs.
- Establishes and directs effective user education and support services which increases acceptance and utilization of the maintenance management strategy.
- Regularly reviews work progress to assure closed loop communications.
- Assures a collaborative work and educational environment has been set in place to support MMS roll out.
- Develops MMS training curriculum and assures training is executed, feedback has been collected and resolution management is in place to enable continuous improvement.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and eight years job-related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in implementing a Preventive Maintenance program.
- Experience working routinely with a Computerized Maintenance Management Program.
- Effective verbal and written interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community in which technical/mechanical demands are continuously changing.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data acquisition and review processes.
- Ability to directly and indirectly interact with all levels of the University of Delaware community, staff, outside consultants/contractors, vendors, and City of Newark officials in a professional manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and matrix environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to set clear priorities in a changing environment.
- Ability to understand and develop process related documentation and flow charting.
- Previous supervisory experience managing and leading crews in a facilities management environment is a plus.
- Computer literacy in the use of spreadsheets and word processing software. Familiarization with computer based facilities software packages is a plus.
- Advanced understanding of maintenance activities and processes for multiple trades.
- Experience working in a regulated compliance area is a plus.
- Ability deploying root cause analysis is a plus.
- Valid driver's license and regular access to private, reliable means of transportation in order to maneuver throughout the campuses in Newark, Wilmington, Lewes and Georgetown.
- Must be available to receive off-hours and weekend telephone calls; responsible for receiving/directing staff's inquiries.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html