10 Finance Manager at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Manchester, New HampshireJob Description:
Manages the Center’s financial accounting systems in compliance with Company, Center, and Government requirements. Ensures systems, processes and deliverables are established and executed accurately and timely. Analyzes systems and data, using proper judgment and discretion, to resolve issues and problems. Ensures effective finance services are delivered to staff and students. Maintains and develops adequate controls to prevent and avoid fraud and abuse. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school in Accounting, or in an associated business field including satisfactorily passing Intermediate Accounting I, II and III as well as two years experience in Accounting, and two years supervisory experience and/or Job Corps finance managerial training during employment as an Adams’ Accountant. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Suite of applications required. Must successfully pass company accounting accuracy tests.
Manages Center financial, payroll and accounts payable systems, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of product. Interviews and recommends for hire, trains, motivates, develops and disciplines to ensure effective performance of direct report staff.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student
- Ensures semi-monthly Public Voucher billings and all periodic financial reports comply with Company, Center, and Government
- Ensures payroll, accounts payable and all financial systems and processes fulfill their intended Monitors contract compliance with Center, Corporate and Governmental financial policies and procedures to ensure that costs are allowable and are properly allocated to cost centers. Accurately allocates expenditure of contract funds, analyzes and interprets accounting data, ensures timely reporting of the same.
- Supervises the performance and activities of Finance Department staff members. Provides guidance and training to ensure staff development and
- Ensures efficient, accurate and timely management of the Job Corps student pay systems and processes, in coordination with Student Records department. Ensures efficient, accurate and timely management of the SGA financial systems, processes and
- Implements and manages internal controls to ensure the integrity and safeguarding of the Center’s financial activities, including, but not limited to, Center operations, the Student Welfare Fund, concessions and other student and staff financial
- Assists the Director Team with budget planning, development and management by providing accurate, timely and complete financial data. Works with other departments to ensure success of Finance department, and to educate and support in budgetary
- Fills staff vacancies in a timely manner. Effectively motivates, empowers and requires staff to perform his/her job responsibilities. Employs sound time-management and delegation skills. Holds staff accountable for producing quality work, develops staff for career progression and disciplines staff that fail to meet goals.
- Provides required/supplemental training for new and current employees.
- Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a supportive work environment, recognizes staff accomplishments and proactively addresses staff performance concerns.
- Maintains adequate systems and controls to prevent theft, fraud and abuse. Actively addresses integrity weaknesses, promotes staff awareness, and develops effective internal control systems.
- Mentors, monitors, and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt / appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
We are a 100% Employee Owned Company and offer a comprehensive benefits plan to include, medical, dental, life and vision insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) plan, holiday, vacation and sick pay.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.