10 Counselor at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Manchester, New HampshireJob Description:
Responsible for providing personal/career counseling for students to enhance student employability and to ensure continued enrollment and quantifiable success in the Job Corps program. Identifies and remediates student barriers to success and develops individualized student career educational plans. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student data.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (including at least 15 semester hours in Social Services-related instruction) from an accredited school required.
- A minimum of one year experience in counseling or related field. Prefer previous Job Corps or related program experience.
- Must possess a valid in-State Driver’s License and meet Company insurability requirements.
Management and Supervision:
Serves as Acting Counseling/CPP Manager in Counseling/CPP Manager’s absence.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Ensures student case load meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Responsible to provide students with comprehensive and individualized case management ensuring student progress, retention and completion of the Job Corps program. Establishes supportive/mentoring relationships with students throughout their enrollment and provides personal, educational and career counseling.
- Provides ongoing assessment of student progress in Academics, Career Technical, and Independent Living.
- Develops and updates student Personal Career Development Plans.
- Coordinates services for students (on-Center and off-Center) to ensure student retention and success in the program.
- Routinely evaluates and documents student performance using case management system.
- Contributes to the Center’s culture by treating students with care and respect, assisting students achieve personal and career goals, and ensuring students feel safe and welcomed during enrollment.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely, and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors, and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes, and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are a 100% Employee Owned company and offer a comprehensive benefits plan to include, medical, dental, life and vision insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) plan, holiday, vacation and sick pay.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
100% Employee Owned!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
"MinimumRequiredYears":1,"MaximumRequiredYears":null,"Description":"Counseling or related field"}