Operations Manager at RB
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
About The Role
The Operations Manager is responsible for all Production operations on site to ensure that production within the facility achieves quality, customer service and cost targets.
The role carries responsibility for all production operations, but is expected to influence other activities in order to support the overall strategy of the plant.
This role requires knowledge and experience of production management, team leadership, maintenance project management, EHS management and continuous improvement tools, ensuring all appropriate resources are focused on the delivery of the plant's strategic and tactical goals.
- Responsible for all production operations by ensuring all products are manufactured in accordance with our quality standards and to an agreed schedule, at minimum cost.
- Responsible for ensuring all production operations are carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with State and Federal regulations including our company policies.
- Leads and manages the Operations training program to ensure appropriate skills are available for current and new technologies.
- Leads the analysis of available loss data and champions activities to improve plant equipment effectiveness and reduce wastage within operations.
- Empowers our production teams to take ownership for their work processes and improvement plans, to be fully autonomous to ensure KPI targets are achieved.
- Accountable for ensuring sufficient and flexible work processes are developed in conjunction with plant leadership team and then implemented flawlessly throughout all operations in order to deliver plant KPI's (Key Performance Indicators).
- As a member of the plant senior management team, to be responsible for recommendation of Capital Expenditure and plant tactical objectives to reach ultimate goals.
- The development and communication of clear project scopes to compliment the plant continuous improvement methodology and meet new product development timings.
- Accountable for annual revenue spend vs. agreed budget.
- Leads and co-ordinates all production activities with engineering and materials team to ensure minimal unplanned interruptions to plant operations.
- Secondary contact with regulatory agencies such as Fire Department, EPA, OSHA and etc. ensuring that site remains in compliance.
- Contributes to site's 'talent' development program.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to the business
- A BS Degree in an Engineering/Business discipline, and demonstrable experience in project management and leadership.
- Must have a sound manufacturing background, 5 - 7 years experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing, bulk processing and packaging operations equipment.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership or active contributor to site EHS management system.
- Ability to implement new systems of control that empower plant teams to own, sustain and develop further.