Category Manager Dollar General at RB
Posted in General Business 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: parsippany, New Jersey
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Category Manager Dollar General to join our Sales team.
The Category Manager is to lead the execution of 4P category strategy with a specific retailer to deliver 4P solutions that drive retailer category growth ahead of the market. A key measure of success is the development of a long term category partnership with the retailer with demonstrable deep customer knowledge and wide penetration in the account with all relevant 4P stakeholders. The position holder is directly responsible for the customisation and execution of all aspects of 4P strategy with the specific customer. Including, translating & executing effective LSM strategies which are mutually beneficial to RB & the customer's category performance. Primary focus is on presence and placement working in partnership with sales and drawing insight and input from Trade Marketing & Consumer Marketing (including Shopper Insights).
- Develop and deliver effective 4P execution based on Local Success Models and an understanding of customers, categories and consumers to maximize profitability.
- Liaise with Trade Marketing to ensure that NPD plans and wider categories are aligned and best practices are shared.
- Customize 4P strategies and plans to align with and support the retailers category strategy
- Effectively negotiate mutually beneficial solutions with various stakeholders and influence key decision-makers to improve in-store presence & shopper conversion
- Conduct analysis of specific customer promotions and feed in recommendations to Trade Marketing & the relevant NAM(s).
- Work in partnership with Shopper Marketing to undertake bespoke account research
- Contribute to NPD meetings by representing the customer's viewpoint to improve the effectiveness and applicability of the final go to market strategy.
- Set customer performance targets and proactively identify 4P opportunities based on in-depth understanding of the customer's capability, position in the market and willingness to execute.
- Implement own initiatives from concept to in-store execution
- Drive the line review process with the customer
- Manage elements of contribution to P&L
- Understand and consider the impact of own decisions and independent action within other RB units and wider business
- Manage short and long term contractual tactics and strategies
Is this You?
- 4-year college degree
- 5-years experience in either FMCG, Top ten national retailer or client facing in blue chip data provider (eg. Dunn Humby / Nielsen)
- Proven track record of influencing within cross-functional relationships with key decision makers.
- Proven ability to develop strong long term client/customer relationships
- Proven analytical skills & ability to successfully integrate different streams of information into sound propositions
- Strong knowledge of Syndicated Data (Nielsen/IRI, Spectra, Panel Data, A&Us)
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Office, Nielsen/IRI)
- Highly proactive with strong time management & organizational skills
- Proven political understanding & resilience demonstrating the ability to operate on their own with demanding customers
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver .
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here! RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through bette rb usiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working Internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.