Warehouse Supervisor - Fargo Distribution Center - Fargo ND at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fargo, North Dakota
The Warehouse Supervisor oversees shipping and receiving activities and associates for a specific shift/area to ensure functions are performed within the Company and Distribution Center guidelines. They are responsible for providing excellent customer service to stores serviced through accurate handling of inbound and outbound product.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Controls production standards and accuracy of shipments and receiving using proper accuracy programs and systems. Schedules and supervises shipping/receiving associates.
- Processes store returns and return to vendors using proper Company policies.
- Coordinates with Inventory Control associates regarding slotting, product rotation, and space allocation.
- Conducts daily crew meeting to discuss safety, productivity, and accuracy.
- Communicates with Transportation on the flow and receipt of backhauls.
- Signs for, sorts, and distributes inbound, overnight carrier, and mail service deliveries. Supervises scheduling of inbound load appointments.
- Walks the warehouse daily, with the Superintendent, to ensure that safety, security, sanitation, and pest control codes, laws, and policies are maintained.
- Ensures the most economical and efficient use of equipment and personnel to accomplish assigned work.
- Strong general knowledge of all warehousing operations, with prior work experience in a warehouse or distribution environment to include lead person or supervisory duties required.
- Strong supervisory skills and the ability to work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to read and interpret computerized reports.
- Basic computer skills required and personal computer experience with word processing and spreadsheet applications helpful.
- Analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess the ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.