Associate Manager, Actuarial - Individual Annuity Valuation at Prudential
Posted in Science 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
The individual will be an integral part of the Payout Annuity Valuation team which sits within the Payout Annuity, Reinsurance, and Data Management group under the Annuities Valuation Center of Excellence. The team is responsible for the valuation of individual annuities, which includes: operating and maintaining valuation systems and processes, managing the actuarial related financial and risk reporting, and providing in-depth GAAP earnings and Statutory capital analysis. It is a very dynamic team and its functions are critical to the success of the individual annuities business.
Specific responsibilities for this position will include:
• Lead monthly/quarterly valuation reporting and analysis for GAAP, Stat and Tax.
• Support pricing/development of new products
• Support initiatives and address requests from various corporate functions – Internal Audit, Risk Management, Corporate Actuarial, Treasurer, Portfolio Management, Chief Investment Office, etc.
• Create documentation of workflows, process mapping, procedures and establish evidence of control activities to comply with Sarbanes Oxley and MAR requirements.
• Lead user acceptance testing of changes to the annuity actuarial model, including development of new reports to support the financial reporting process
• Enhance analytical tools and processes.
• Contribute to a culture of talent development, collaboration, and inclusion.
- Strong analytical/mathematical skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Superior technical skills (Excel, SQL, VBA).
- Experience in valuation production and/or financial reporting.
- Knowledge of individual annuity products would be beneficial.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks within tight time frames.
- Highly motivated, creative problem solver who is able to work independently or in a team, and manage a variety of assignments.
- Bachelors Degree
- Previous experience with actuarial exams is a plus (for example, having passed 2-3).