Senior Manager, Corporate FP&A at Activision Publishing Inc
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Monica, California
Senior Manager, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis
Great Games Start with Great People!
This is a significant time in our company’s history – and one of the most exciting times to join us!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the largest and most profitable independent western interactive entertainment publishing company. It develops and publishes some of the most successful and beloved entertainment franchises in any medium, including Call of Duty®, Destiny®, Overwatch, Candy Crush®, World of Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo®.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, it maintains operations throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. Activision Blizzard develops and publishes games on all leading interactive platforms and its games are available in most countries around the world. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products can be found on the company's website, http://www.activisionblizzard.com/.
The Senior Manager of Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis position is a critical and highly visible role at Activision Blizzard.
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Planning, this role will work to analyze report and support the performance of the Company and specifically demonstrate a strong aptitude to financial/scenario modelling. Problem solving, prioritizing, timely responses and attention to detail must be second nature. The candidate must thrive in a rapidly evolving environment and be adept to driving to meaningful results through excellent individual effort, instinctive collaboration, and superlative communication.
The core functions of the role will include supporting the Quarter Close, Quarterly Forecast and Guidance, intra-quarter Pacing, and Annual Operating Plan processes.
Quarterly Forecast, Pacing, & Close (40%)
- Support the coordination of inputs from all functions and business units, both via structured planning system inputs, presentations, and support materials
- Drive and implement process changes to reduce analytical waste and maximize impact
- Preparation of analyses that drive business insight and frame risks and opportunities
- Prepare summary of results and variance analyses and participate in CFO presentations
Annual Operating Plan (25%)
- Work with parties across the business and the regions to plan for performance and resource allocation in the year ahead, across the entire P&L and cash flow statements
- Create and present executive review materials that consolidate and communicate financial strategy
Cross-Business Alignment and Standardization (25%)
- Drive consistency in planning and reporting practices across business units to enable completion of benchmarking and other comparative analyses
- Partner with teams to influence long-term cost savings, efficiencies, and P&L optimization
Principal Working Relationships:
- Vice President, Corporate Planning
- SVP, Corporate Planning
- Business Unit Finance leadership teams
- Corporate Planning analyst team
- Proactively lead and influence key AB forecast processes including annual operating plan, quarterly reforecast, and quarterly pacing which includes heavy excel modeling and consolidation, presentation work, thought-partnership, communication with business unit teams, and in-depth scenario analysis for the CFO and other AB executives
- Support the investor relations team with Street Guidance Reports and other supporting financial documentation for Investment Analysts (e.g., earnings calls, Analyst Day presentations, etc.)
- Ability to apply strong business judgment through analysis of plans and proactively manage risk
- Maintain strong relationships across business units and functions, i.e. Treasury, IR, Accounting to ensure visibility throughout forecast processes, proper preparation and analysis
- Evolve and improve corporate planning processes to yield higher quality work products with greater efficiency across the entire organization
- Develop a high level financial and strategic understanding of all areas of the AB business, BU operations, cost centers, key KPIs, balance sheet, cash flow, treasury
- Education: Bachelor's degree (Post MBA candidates are encouraged to apply)
- Prior Experience: Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Investment Banking, management consulting, operational finance, or similar role. FP&A experience in a global company a plus.
General Business Skills:
- Strong technical and modeling skills; extensive experience with Excel required Experience with Oracle and Hyperion a plus
- Strong project and time management skills required, i.e. should be comfortable working on several projects concurrently, have the flexibility to prioritize based on business need and be comfortable with change and ambiguity (while promoting stability and clarity)
- Critical thinking skills, depth of analysis, and ability to easily contextualize hypothetical business situations required
- Strong communication across verbal, email, Word/memo, and Powerpoint channels
- Ability to lead process, gain trust, and influence key stakeholders and decision makers
- Knowledge of and passion for gaming, entertainment, media, and technology and willingness and ability to get up to speed on business and strategic issues