Lead Laboratory Analyst at HIREWIZER, LLC
Posted in Science 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Barbara, California
LEAD LABORATORY (BEAKER) ANALYST (EPIC CERTIFIED)
Industry: Information Technology - Computer Software
Job Category: Medical / Health - Healthcare IT
- The Lead Analyst is responsible for leading optimization efforts regarding system design, build, testing, validation and ongoing support of clinical or revenue cycle applications, specifically, Laboratory (Beaker).
- This position is responsible for obtaining the appropriate Epic certification within the allotted time and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the software functionality as well as acquire knowledge of the clinical or revenue cycle workflows to be implemented.
- Lead Analyst works across interdisciplinary project teams and operational staff maintaining critical business relationships for CHS staff, physicians and others who interact with the Epic system.
- Gathers and performs in-depth analysis of workflows, report details. Facilitates requirements and workflow analysis sessions. Develops functional and technical specifications.
- Serves as the primary analytical resource regarding issues of application deployment, workflow and overall system effectiveness.
- Makes build decisions based upon thorough understanding of options in application configuration, investigates end users' preferences in combination with the comprehensive analysis of business operations.
- Populates databases during initial build; reviews software; analyzes new functionality to determine how it should be used; identifies and prepares detailed specifications of potential system enhancement needs.
- Prioritizes, coordinates, and implements updates and requested changes to the system; reviews and tests each new release; troubleshoots problems and questions from end users. Understands and applies system planning tools and methodologies to ensure compliance with hospital standards.
- May be assigned as the Application Reporting Lead (ARL) to: work with report writers to ensure the application has the necessary reports;
- Identify Subject Matter Experts (SME's) attend report validation sessions;
- Work with SME's to identify reporting needs; facilitate report validation and establish report scope and prioritization;
- Work with Cogito team to identify appropriate solutions for various reporting needs.
- Create data for report testing.
- Build Radar dashboards and Reporting Workbench reports.
- Assist with developing and training high-needs report consumers (pre and post implementation).
- Perform volume testing; and ensure consumers are satisfied with reports and distribution tools.
- Provides leadership in problem solving.
- Assists other application team members in the execution of their responsibilities;
- Completes other duties, and assumes additional project roles as assigned by the Epic Program Director or application manager.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in nursing, information technology, allied health professions, science, business or a related field.
The equivalent of 8 years of progressively responsible work experience with an emphasis in clinical information applications and systems in health care (specifically hospital laboratory or reference lab experience),
or a combination of education and experience, may be substituted for a degree.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Minimum:
- Epic Certification in Beaker module AP or CO or both.
- Working knowledge of Information Technology.
- Understanding of hospital clinical operations and workflows.
- Proficient with office productivity software; experience utilizing SharePoint.
- In depth knowledge of laboratory specialties such as chemistry, microbiology, or reference lab.
- Experience utilizing MS Project
YEARS OF RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum: 5 years of healthcare information systems analyst experience, to include some demonstrated lead responsibilities.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Epic Certification in Beaker ( AP/CP)
- Strong IT knowledge and background in Clinical EHR/EMR
- Some Lead/Supervisor experience
- Visa Candidate Considered: No
- Highly Competitive Base Salary
- Full-time Benefits - Full
- Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
- Overtime Eligible - Yes
- 5+ to 7 years experience
- Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
- Management Experience Required - No
- Minimum Education - Associate's Degree
- Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
- We are seeking a team oriented Sr Analyst, who is collaborative and willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
We will be the first Healthcare organization to undergo a double upgrade that will upgrade us to the newest Epic software.