Mechanical Design Engineer - Temp at LumaSense Technologies, Inc.
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Clara, California
No relocation and local candidates only
Assignment: 8-9 months
Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in SolidWorks, creating 3D models of machined and sheet metal parts and assemblies to contribute to the design, development and manufacture of LumaSense products. This person will work closely with other Engineering personnel, manufacturing, and supply chain to successfully create products.
Reports to: Manager Mechanical Engineering
- Develop market winning designs, rapid prototypes, and design of experiments
- Participate in Mechanical design of machined and sheet metal parts
- Create assemblies and bill of materials of mechanical assemblies
- Design and conduct experiments to characterize product designs and assemblies
- Assist in sustaining engineering mechanical design and development activities
- Work with team members to constantly update the current portfolio as well as design and engineer new systems to compliment the portfolio.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in mechanical design
- Skilled in the use of SolidWorks; knowledge of PDM is a plus
- Experienced in Design for Manufacturability and Design for Assembly practices.
- Ability to formulate system designs, mechanical, plumbing, and machine drawings
- Produce detail Models, Drawings and Bills of Materials
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Good organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
LumaSense is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating an environment which welcomes diverse people, opinions and ideas.
See Job Description