Sr Process Engineering Technician at DRS Technologies
Posted in Architecture 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website atwww.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
As a leading supplier of infrared (IR) imaging, DRS NIS – Texas is seeking a process technician who will be responsible for supporting equipment and processes used to manufacture IR materials. Responsible for process equipment troubleshooting, equipment upgrades, equipment performance validation, fixture and tooling design, and process tests. Position is critical to success of DRS IR imaging products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determines requirements and designs mechanical fixtures and tooling
- Assists engineers in electromechanical design and fabrication projects
- Implements and tests process equipment modifications
- Processes material for engineering tests using various semiconductor material process equipment.
- Interprets schematics, drawings, and other written or verbal instructions
- Recognize, communicate, and respond to process and equipment deviations and help identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: 4+ Years
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Able to work in class 100 cleanroom environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with electrical circuits and wiring
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability and desire to perform hands-on activities including electromechanical assembly, equipment troubleshooting, and process verification tests.
- Ability to safely work with electrical, mechanical, and chemical hazards.
- Must exhibit excellent attention to detail and strict adherence to protocols
- Some computer programming experience is a plus
- Manufacturing process and equipment troubleshooting experience
- Previous experience in semiconductor or crystal growth industry.
- Experience setting up data acquisition equipment.
- Familiarity with upgrading obsolescent process equipment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Detailed understanding of equipment and processes utilized in fabricating semiconductor materials
- Experience with at least one mechanical design software package
- Lifting – Ability to lift 25 lbs occasionally (less than 5% per week)
- Stooping, Kneeling- Ability to stoop or kneel while assembling or troubleshooting electro-mechanical equipment occasionally. (less than 5% per week)
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS