Controller at Precision Medicine Group
Posted in Admin - Clerical 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Fast-growing mid-size private company seeks full charge, hands on controller responsible for leading all aspects of financial operations, control and reporting for life sciences research laboratory and bio-repository headquartered in Frederick, MD, a wholly owned subsidiary of Precision Medicine Group, LLC. This position is a member of the division’s senior management team responsible for operations of the business line reporting directly to parent company CFO.
How we will support your love of numbers and the quest to always be improving profitability:
You will be responsible for the supervising the accounting staff, data and the company's financial documents, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, and various special analyses.
We will supply the data and complexities providing you the platform to focus on reporting, analyzing, directing, managing, advising, negotiating, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- You cut your teeth in accounting and financial reporting and developed the ability to manage several different activities while overseeing people.
- You understand the value of a Controller, C-Suite working symbiotically with the business unit leadership to support a growing company and you can be relied on to provide your opinion, point of view and recommendations.
- Although your skills equip you to react to real-time business issues, you never take your eye off concentrating on the costs, identifying actionable optimization opportunities related to expenses.
- Fancy technology or not, you set the department and your team up to be productive, focused on the right problems at the right time.
- You are an accounting system SME and are known for knowing every number going through it. We can count on you to know why expenses increased and why some fell. If something's gone missing we know you will be on it.
- You have a natural curiosity for the businesses you serve and will be able to connect the sales pipeline with headcount/hiring forecasting, making sure we don't over or under invest.
- You generally enjoy reading the general ledger even if most people will never understand it.
- We are navigating big decisions and are seeking a trusted financial partner to look after our money by making sound recommendations on decisions that impact our financial statements; from purchasing new equipment to negotiating with suppliers or the impact of changing health insurance plans.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or related
- 7+ years' experience in Finance & Accounting
- Technical skills built on years of detailed accounting and/or auditing work
- Budget reconciliation delivering realistic outcomes (budget vs actuals)
- You read, write, comprehend and speak the English language fluently.
- 5+ years’ experience in a management role in Finance & Accounting
- 2+ years staff development/management
- Industry experience to include Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences and/or Healthcare
- Government contract project accounting experience and familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Project accounting and revenue recognition experience
- Financial management systems implementation experience
- Firm grasp of accounting and business concepts, analytical, organized and precise. High proficiency level with excel, strong soft skills that position you to influence others, motivate and garner respect from F&A staff. Excellent use of discernment and discretion required relative to sensitive, restricted and confidential Company information. Honed skills when it come to managing up and influencing others.