Distribution Center Manager at Motion Industries
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Auburn, WashingtonJob Description:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Id: 253207
Brand: Motion Industries
Location: Auburn, WA
Major Market: WA – Seattle
Date Posted: March 6, 2018
Here is an opportunity to work in our newly established Distribution Center in Seattle, WA.
At Motion Industries, Distribution Center Managers are key members of our team. They lead the DC team to provide excellent customer service that will enhance and support Company operations and sales. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday (Hours May Vary)
Responsibilities as applicable to the assigned department include but not limited to the following:
- Directs and administers established safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
- Ensures that all employees participate in established safety programs
- Ensures that all identified job hazards are promptly reported and corrected
- Ensures Business Continuity policies and procedures are followed
- Leads the DC team to provide excellent customer service that will enhance and support Company operations and sales.
- Maintain key supplier relationships
- Fills in for other DC positions as required
- Understands the potential to be on call on nights or weekends
- Maintains the responsibility for the physical facility including cleanliness and security
- May require occasional travel, including overnight travel
- Leads the short and long term planning necessary to implement DC specific programs to meet the needs of Motion Industries customers
- Directs the staff in refining, developing, and implementing DC programs
- Escalates decisions to appropriate Management and Corporate support
- Assumes overall accountability for financial results
- Understands Key Performance Indicators
- Ensures compliance with Motion Industries Performance Standards
- Prepare annual budget and lead the DC to meet financial goals
- Ensures reasonableness and accuracy of financial statements
- Complies with all Motion Industries Operating Policies and Procedures, including Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Develops effective relationships with DC team to ensure effective leadership
- Ensures compliance with all Motion Industries HR policies
- Sets the example of proper conduct and professionalism
- Possesses and employs knowledge of leadership and management skills
- Completes and communicates performance evaluations on a timely basis and provides coaching, training, and guidance
- Assumes the responsibility for recruiting, hiring, and terminating employees
- Attends job related training sessions regularly to continue professional growth
- Leadership, communication, relationship and people management skill required
- Analytical and mathematical skills required
- Industry experience required
- Reliability, organizational and attention to detail required
- Moderate computer skills, including communicating internally and externally via email, performing some financial calculations and generating reports. Proficient at using business systems required
- Certified to operate a forklift and/or other mobile equipment
- Good driving record required
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.