Application Developer - Oracle/Java, AVP at State Street
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Quincy, Massachusetts
Senior Developer with strong infrastructure, database and application development experience who will would work closely with business partners and technical teams onsite. This is a technical lead role in support of the Office of Regulatory Initiatives (ORI); ORI was created to manage complex enterprise risk issues, often spanning multiple functions and businesses. The person in this role will be responsible for leading delivery of multiple applications leveraging shared data management and services platform.
- Technical Lead for ORI applications developed on shared data management/services platform
- Support the implementation of shared applications leveraging shared data management platform within ORI ecosystem
- Support infrastructure upgrades, releases in cloud and non-cloud platforms in production/non-production environments
- Domain meta-model governance - design and review
- Performance Tuning, SLA review and L4 functions for shared data/services platform
- Release Management and change control oversight for ORI applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related field.
- 4 years of proven technical experience preferably in Financial services domain
- Strong Hands-on design as well as development experience is required.
- Experience in Java/J2EE, Unix/Linux
- Proficiency in Oracle, PL/SQL, Unix, and Shell Scripts is required.
- Experience working with data ware house and applications vendor tools
- Adaptability to strategic changes, strong initiative and self-motivation is required.
- Ability to anticipate critical issues and risks and taking responsibility for resolution is required
- Experience in messaging middleware including at least one of following: IBM MQ Series, Active MQ, Sonic MQ
- Experience in leveraging Agile methodology to develop and deliver software & track delivery/milestones for multiple initiatives in parallel
- Strong understanding of cloud computing
- Experience in one or more of the following is desirable:
- Rules engines, complex event processing or related stream event technologies
- Ruby, Python, or another modern dynamic language
- Development and build tools (GIT/Jenkins etc.)
- Big data, Hadoop, No SQL
- Micro services
- Willing to learn, adopt and champion software development, release and security policy/ controls
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate at right level with all parties involved, including senior management, developers, architects, and end users
- Ability to anticipate critical issues and risks and takes responsibility for resolution